Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Chris Rainey Cut/Waived

Bookmark and Share
    When he was in they treated him like a traditional RB, which he is not. He can do some running up the middle but not to the extent they ran him. He needed to be utilized on screens, dump offs, and draws. I barely saw any of that. He's a lethal reciever out of the backfield and a hell of a runner out of the shotgun. And this isn't some high school kid who's never played that can't take a hit. He's small, but he's a baller. Not to mention he should've been on punt returns all year. That **** still pisses me off.

Not to mention most of the time he was in was due to necessity (injuries), not creativity.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Crime is a crime, but when it is domestic violence, particularly man hitting a woman, no tolerance for that as there shouldn't be. He'll probably get picked up by New England, they will cut Danny Woodcock, and Rainey will be a freak.
    I thought New England also, but only used more in the slot. Who knows, maybe we'll both be right.

Chris Rainey Cut/Waived

Chris Rainey's girlfriend says no assault took place

By

Published: January 11, 2013 at 4:16 PM PST

Modified: January 11, 2013 at 4:24 PM PST

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Former Pittsburgh Steeler Christopher Rainey's girlfriend says she was not assaulted, and that the state of Florida should drop the battery charge against him.

That's according to Rainey's lawyer, Huntley Johnson, who read an email from the woman during a bond hearing Friday. The Gainesville Sun posted video of the hearing on its website.

Gainesville police charged Rainey with simple battery Thursday after an alleged altercation with his girlfriend. Police say the two were arguing over Rainey's cellphone, and that when his girlfriend got into a vehicle, the ex-Florida Gator tried to pull her out. Witnesses told detectives that Rainey slapped his girlfriend across the face and then chased her when she ran away with his phone in her purse.

The girlfriend's email said the witnesses were mistaken, and Johnson pointed out that officers found no marks on the woman's face.

Rainey, who was cut by the Steelers after his arrest, was released after the hearing but ordered not to have any contact with his girlfriend.

Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    When he was in they treated him like a traditional RB, which he is not. He can do some running up the middle but not to the extent they ran him. He needed to be utilized on screens, dump offs, and draws. I barely saw any of that. He's a lethal reciever out of the backfield and a hell of a runner out of the shotgun. And this isn't some high school kid who's never played that can't take a hit. He's small, but he's a baller. Not to mention he should've been on punt returns all year. That **** still pisses me off.

Not to mention most of the time he was in was due to necessity (injuries), not creativity.
    the lack of schematically using Rainey was one of my biggest frustrations from a gameplanning/playcalling perspective. Especially with how much Haley used McCluster
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

2nd String
    This sucks as I love Rainey in the return game , and as a weapon on offense

I agree they didn't use him right ...

The worse thing with this is I doubt they take any chances on anybody in the draft this year ... and then there goes Bacarri Rambo out the door ...

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    This sucks as I love Rainey in the return game , and as a weapon on offense

I agree they didn't use him right ...

The worse thing with this is I doubt they take any chances on anybody in the draft this year ... and then there goes Bacarri Rambo out the door ...
    I agree with you that they will be taking no chances on questionable character guys in the coming draft. Especially with people questioning Colbert now, he's going to really walk the straight and narrow with those latter round picks.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Chris Rainey Cut/Waived

To me with the big guy back in town the whole team coaches included have been put on check!

Thread Information