Thread: 4-3 Draft

Bookmark and Share

Threaded View

2nd String

4-3 Draft

Ok even though I think Te'o will be there when we pick , I still proposed a trade down scenario using walterfootball new mock on who is left when the picks are up

Miami has 2 2nds and 2 3rds ... so with them to be able to come out of the draft with the best WR and a good LT on first day ... we trade their 1st 2nd , later 3rd , and future 1st ... for out 1st and a future 3rd

17th and next year 3rd traded to Miami for their 42 ,82 , 1st next year

42 - Phillip Thomas - SS - Fresno State - A beast , can create splash plays , can play just like Troy does roaming all around and making tackles behind the line

48 - Khaseem Greene - ILB/OLB - Rutgers - I think he would be a good ILB next to Timmons in the 3-4 or 4-3 ... so he Fits that now or a little down the line we switch to a 4-3

79 - Bacarri Rambo - FS - Georgia - Thomas and Rambo will be able to create turnovers , when it's their time ... I would love this safety tandem going forward

82 - Logan Ryan - CB - Rutgers - I love the way he plays, presses, zone blitz , run support , blitzes ... he does everything from the CB position, plays like a Steeler , great steal here at the end of the 3rd, Ike aging , what do we have beind Lewis and Cortez? ... what if Lewis doesn't resign here?

112 - Gerald Hodges - OLB/ILB - Penn State - Will Spence be ready? who knows ... but either way He would be a good ILB on the 3-4 and play OLB in the 4-3 ... tackling machine and can cover

5th - Larry Webster - DE - Bloomsburg - only one year of football after playing basketball , so he is maybe to much of a project then most would like here , but his potential is through the roof with his athleticism / Maybe can go WR , RB , or backup QB here if you don't like the project

6th - Michael Williams - TE - Bama - Great run blocking TE with some redzone ability... maybe a better receiver then what Bama used him for?? guess only time will tell in the NFL, but we know he will be able to run block

7th - Mike Catapano - DE - Princeton - Good run stopper, lost I think i read 20 pounds this year and his sack numbers went way up, I believe this is a name you'll hear rising draft boards and won't be here in the 7th

I understand all Defense , but this sures up pretty much all the defense positions except an elite rush DE prospect, with some projects at those position drafted later , but they could pay off big in the long run ... Focus on DE prospect and Offense next year

Defense Depth Chart

Lewis------------------- Woodley - Hood - Mclendon - Heyward ------------------Ike

--------------Hodges/Spence ------- Greene ------------Timmons--------------------------

--------------------------Troy ------------------- Clark ---------------------------------

With the Likes of Dline depth, DE - Worilds / DT - Tamu / DT - Heyward / DE -Webster / DE - Catapano / DE - Carter

LB - Hodges or Spence what ever one don't start / Sly

CB - Cortez / Ryan / Brown / Van Dyke

S - SS - Thomas / FS - Rambo / either Cromartie-Smith or Golden

I like the depth chart .... and the youth, I really love the safety combo of Phillip Thomas and Bacarri Rambo, and Logan Ryan playing Dime and special teams until his number is called when Ike is finsihed
    Last edited by cbrunn; 01-10-2013 at 12:14 PM.

Thread Information