Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft by Scott Ekland: scout.com

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The draft on Day 1 will give us a real good indication of how much they will incorporate Tomlin's scheme into our defense this year IMO. If we would go and get 2 DE's , you can bet we'll be doing alot of Tampa 2 this season. If we go OL, DE, and somewhere else it may indicate our D might not change much atleast early on.

Nobody really knows anyways, but I could us maybe going 2 DE/LB and 1 OL on day 1.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i don't think one needs more help then the other..... it would be cool to get a levi brown type player.......i used to want blalock a lot, but i heard bad things about him at the senior bowl......and great things about levi................ either way we go will be great, just as long as we ain't reaching with these players......like essex a couple of years ago.........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

would sam baker go in the second?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Im not ready to say Essex is a bust just yet. The guy hasn't got much playing time to make an effective decision just yet on him.

However we do need OL depth because if Okobi or Simmons were to take over at Center that's going to affect our depth. Ignoring the OL is a definite No No. With the Steelers the safe boring picks like OL usually work out pretty good for us.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Im not ready to say Essex is a bust just yet. The guy hasn't got much playing time to make an effective decision just yet on him.

However we do need OL depth because if Okobi or Simmons were to take over at Center that's going to affect our depth. Ignoring the OL is a definite No No. With the Steelers the safe boring picks like OL usually work out pretty good for us.
    i didn't say he was a bust, i said a reach, we could've got him later in the draft..........

damn i hate this draft, i don't know who i want, the last few years i knew who i wanted.....i wanted a wr, we got it.....i wanted heath, we got him, i wanted ben, we got him.........but this year there's so many good players that could be around when we pick it's hard to decide lol

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i didn't say he was a bust, i said a reach, we could've got him later in the draft..........

damn i hate this draft, i don't know who i want, the last few years i knew who i wanted.....i wanted a wr, we got it.....i wanted heath, we got him, i wanted ben, we got him.........but this year there's so many good players that could be around when we pick it's hard to decide lol
    I know the last three drafts the Steelers have drafted the player I really wanted in the first round.

04-Big Ben
    05-Heath Miller
    06-Santonio Holmes

I want Amobi Okoye or Anthony Spencer in the first round.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I know the last three drafts the Steelers have drafted the player I really wanted in the first round.

04-Big Ben
    05-Heath Miller
    06-Santonio Holmes

i wouldn't mind okoye now that i know we will be doing a lot of 4-3...... him and my boy casey side by side would be beastly........ what's scary about okoye is that he's only 19, the dude still has a lot of growing to do..... in a few years when his body fills out it's gonna be crazy........

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i wouldn't mind okoye now that i know we will be doing a lot of 4-3...... him and my boy casey side by side would be beastly........
    Hell yea, plus those two DT's could free up Keisel to put heat on the QB.

Gold Standard

2 Reasons I think Okoye won't be available at 15th spot

1. Tampa Bay has either the 3rd or 4th pick (cointoss) and Jon Gruden absolutely loved this guy. Don't think Okoye goes that high but Tampa could trade down for an additional pick and still grab Okoye.

2. Bobby Petrino coached Okoye for 4 years and has seen what this kid can do. Atlanta picks 10th and I believe he could go that high.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    either one of those cats would be sweet. I started something up last week, I'll finish it and post it. Its who has the same needs as us and where they draft before us. I think I got it down to about 9 teams needing OLB help but only 2-3 draft before us. I'll try and finish it up later.....

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information