Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Manti Teo sucks - Overrated

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Roflol
    I haven't thought for awhile that Teo was a real option for the Steelers going into this draft. He is a good ILB, but I think he lacks the type of speed that you need to be the versatile player the Steelers covet for their defense. We all saw the effects of a slower ILB when Farrior lost his speed. I would rather see a Nico Johnson or a Kevin Minter come into the fold over Teo.
    Fear da Beard

I don't always post, but when I do its on SteelerAddicts.com

Sponsered by the following:
    Cookies, Air, TP

I think the issue with Teo is that he was unfairly propelled to a draft position where he never should have been. He was never a top 5 pick by any stretch, but it is equally unfair that people now call for his head because he had a single bad game against an amazing Alabama team. Sure, he had a bad game but we have no proof that it was because he is a bad player. He might just have had a bad game. After all, he has so much tape which shows that he is an absolute monster in the middle. Does one game just wash all those games away? Hardly. After all, that is not how this business works. I mean, we've seen PLENTY of dominant players have terrible games. No one called for Tom Bradys head after the Steelers defense had its way with him all game last year. He played against a good team which had a very good day coupled with the fact that he did not. It just happens at times, and people seriously need to calm down. Teo is still a great talent. He has been dominant all season, and would thrive in our system. Besides, I think that around 20 is where he belongs, so it would not be too much of a strech to say that picking him at 17 would make a lot of sense.

I will say this though. If the Alabama game showed us anything it was that Teo needs a good dline for him to be effective. He is still not the same kind of player that the SF crew is. He will not destroy an NFL guard, the same way Bowman can, but he can still be a differencemaker on defense.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Teo didnt have a good game, neither did anyone on ND Defense... so are they all overrated individual players?

To say hes not (still) a first round pick is ridiculous.

'Bama was a buzzsaw, plain and simple. I do think Oregon shoulda been in the game over ND but fact still is based on what we have currently...
    Teo > Foote, and Teo > Sylvester

foote > teo and spence > teo

sylvester never will start.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Ever heard of a bad game ? I'll admit it wasn't a game to not play well but to say he's a goon and he's not a1st round pick is stupid that would mean that every draft analyst and scout is wrong which i doubt . But as usual people on this board are always right like we should give Sergio Kindle a contract lol
    when has missed tackles been the d-line's fault? he looked like a pussy out there and not fit to wear steelers colours.
    Wallace sucks.
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC607 View Post
    But that doesn't excuse why Lacy was breaking his tackles and making him look silly as well... I think at that point Bama was in his head and he was making mental errors like not wrapping up and being out of position or over pursing..
    like that's good if we ever want to go to a super bowl again.

idiot chokes in biggest game of the year.

what the **** is he gonna do in the actual super bowl.

wow, no thanks.

lacey is a beast, wish he ran that goon over to get a touchdown like bettis did to urlacher.

that guy can go ****ing cry his eyes out after the game for his **** performance.

whilst lacey collects another ring.
    Wallace sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    He is not a top 5 or top 10 pick or even top 20 ... he is maxed out ... what you see is what you get, I don't think their is much room for growth... and after that game and the Combine his stock will fall even further

I don't think any of us are saying he's not a good player ... but he is no where close to being like this once in a lifetime LB that people are making him out to be
    what you see is what you get is not a way to describe Teo....no linebacker is effective without a dline to protect them, teo can literally play all 7 LB positions.

people were saying clay matthews was maxed out coming out of USC, he never even came close to doing what he is doing in GB while he was at USC.

hes going to be a good one, theres clearly some Notre Dame haters here and it appears just manti haters in general but he is going to be drafted high....people will forget about this game when they see his work outs and the body of work hes done over the past 4 years, including calling the defense which is massively underrated

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    he is going to be drafted high....people will forget about this game when they see his work outs and the body of work hes done over the past 4 years, including calling the defense which is massively underrated
    ILB QB... He may not be a steeler. But he will be a great LB for someone..

He goes before the 10th pick still... Warmack may go before 15.. that leaves us with Vaccaro on D.

I read something about a player named Greene LB from Rutgers.. Never watched rutgers play so i dont know what hes about.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    jury out on Spence... he has only wore a steelers helmet for 5 mins... cmon
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    jury out on Spence... he has only wore a steelers helmet for 5 mins... cmon
    I have this feeling we seen a good draft pick hit a land mine...

this is the LB.. Anyone watch him play in any games..

Name: Khaseem Greene
    College: Rutgers Number: 20
    Height: 6-1 Weight: 234
    Position: OLB Pos2: SS
    Class/Draft Year: rSr/2013
    40 Low: 4.52 40 Time: 4.64 40 High: 4.76
    Projected Round: Stock:
    Rated number 1 out of 250 OLB's 999 / 2780 TOTAL

Thread Information