Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manti Teo sucks - Overrated

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Manti Teo sucks - Overrated

Wow whoever watched the BCS NCG last time knows that this goon is overrated and not even worth a first round selection. I was hoping we would take a look at Eddie Lacy who was viewed as a mid-round talent, that performance might've put him in the first round. I could see us taking him.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Draft Pick
    I was never a fan of Teo as a first round pick and last nights performance just solidified that belief. He's a media darling that has had the benefit of playing against average(at best) competition. On Alabama's 2nd touchdown Warmack drove him 7-8 yards down the field, just absolutely crushed him. It reminded me of that scene with Oher it that stupid freaking movie. I like Warmack at 17 or trading down in the first and grabbing Vaccaro(maybe Elam). Warmack is easily my first choice. After all of these years of mediocre line play add the final piece and be done with it.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Teo didnt have a good game, neither did anyone on ND Defense... so are they all overrated individual players?

To say hes not (still) a first round pick is ridiculous.

'Bama was a buzzsaw, plain and simple. I do think Oregon shoulda been in the game over ND but fact still is based on what we have currently...
    Teo > Foote, and Teo > Sylvester
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Teo didnt have a good game, neither did anyone on ND Defense... so are they all overrated individual players?

To say hes not (still) a first round pick is ridiculous.

'Bama was a buzzsaw, plain and simple. I do think Oregon shoulda been in the game over ND but fact still is based on what we have currently...
    Teo > Foote, and Teo > Sylvester

Totally agree... I keep seeing people saying Te'O was a fake that got found out... Yes he played terrible but the WHOLE defense was terrible. He was constantly engulfed by the mammoth Bama Oline, and that blame falls on ND's Dline that was getting tossed around like rag dolls. and they weight wayyyy more then Te'O....

I still think Te'O is a solid 1st RD pick... and i hope nfl teams feel that way about him too because if he falls to 17 id be more then happy to have him on our team...

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by strummerfan View Post
    I was never a fan of Teo as a first round pick and last nights performance just solidified that belief. He's a media darling that has had the benefit of playing against average(at best) competition. On Alabama's 2nd touchdown Warmack drove him 7-8 yards down the field, just absolutely crushed him. It reminded me of that scene with Oher it that stupid freaking movie. I like Warmack at 17 or trading down in the first and grabbing Vaccaro(maybe Elam). Warmack is easily my first choice. After all of these years of mediocre line play add the final piece and be done with it.
    My exact thoughts

i love warmack and would love that pick, but warmack takes a lot of LBers back like that....NDs dline helped no one by getting completely dominated

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i love warmack and would love that pick, but warmack takes a lot of LBers back like that....NDs dline helped no one by getting completely dominated
    Exactly, ND's Dline got destroyed... So what was Te'O suppose to do... 255 ILB, Vs an offensive lineman sometimes 2 that on average i checked Alabamas Oline averages 315LBs. Thats 60lbs...

Not only is Bamas line filled with 1st Rd talent. They also have 60lbs on Te'O i dont care how good of a LB you are...

If a guy that big with similar talent gets his hands on you... Your going where he wants you to go and nowhere else...

But that doesn't excuse why Lacy was breaking his tackles and making him look silly as well... I think at that point Bama was in his head and he was making mental errors like not wrapping up and being out of position or over pursing..

My Mood
    Manic
    Ever heard of a bad game ? I'll admit it wasn't a game to not play well but to say he's a goon and he's not a1st round pick is stupid that would mean that every draft analyst and scout is wrong which i doubt . But as usual people on this board are always right like we should give Sergio Kindle a contract lol
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 01-09-2013 at 08:13 AM.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Ever heard of a bad game ? I'll admit it wasn't a game to not play well but to say he's a goon and he's not a1st round pick is stupid that would mean that every draft analyst and scout is wrong which i doubt . But as usual people on this board are always right like we should give Sergio Kindle a contract lol
    He is not a top 5 or top 10 pick or even top 20 ... he is maxed out ... what you see is what you get, I don't think their is much room for growth... and after that game and the Combine his stock will fall even further

I don't think any of us are saying he's not a good player ... but he is no where close to being like this once in a lifetime LB that people are making him out to be

Thread Information