Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sergio Kindle anyone?

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Gotcha, take it easy man....

We brought back a fat slob dinged up Hampton, Colon, Harrison, this guy would fit right in!
    I'm not sure if I am hallucinating.... did you just compare pro bowl caliber players to sergio "i never even had a football career" kindle ?
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Yea, bring him in!!! He only has a bum knee, a bad off field history, and a traumatic brain injury that's left him practically deaf. Brilliant Move!!!

He couldn't even make the game day roster on a team that was missing both their starting OLBs to start the season.

When Suggs returned mid season... Kindle was waived. And even carrying a league minimum salary with no bonus... NOT A SINGLE TEAM CLAIMED HIM. He went to the Baltimore practice squad for the rest of the year. And now, as expected he's been cut.

Just because it's a name you recognize, doesn't mean signing him is a "good move".

It's a dumb move
    Christ, we're not signing him for a long term deal worth millions upon millions. Just bring him into camp and see what he can do, the Ravens giot rid of Harrison, so yes you can make them comparisons. How many times was he cut again? Did this guy do something to you personally or what? Holy ****.

Sergio Kindle anyone?

I'm not sure if I am hallucinating.... did you just compare pro bowl caliber players to sergio "i never even had a football career" kindle ?
    You're stirring the pot, that's not even ****ing close to what I meant. I'm done ****ing around with you!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Sergio Kindle anyone?

Pro Bowl is popularity and if it wasn't its been a few years since they were there, they're far from the player they used to be! BUT we keep bringing them back!!

Here's a chance to snag a guy that might be able to play and to do so for a fraction!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Impatient
    I would bring him in, we are going to start camp with 90 guys and get down to 53. That means 42 percent of those guys will be cut. Kindle could have the same upside as an undrafted FA. Sometimes, guys need a change of scenery to shine.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Don't make the Harrison comparison. You know there is a difference.
    Keep in mind that I am not advocating the signing of Kindle. I am agnostic, as I (nor does anyone here) know the full extent and prognosis of his injuries. The Steelers SHOULD do due diligence on him just as they should on ALL FA's that become available.

And a comparison with Harrison is legitimate in one very important regard. James Harrison was a no one that not one team wanted before he became a Pro Bowler and DPOY. The same team cut him (the Steelers had cut him too) and the same teams passed on him before signing with the Steelers.

The chance that Kindle will turn into the next Harrison is approaching zero, although everyone would have said the exact same thing about Harrison when we signed him years ago.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    And in 2004 it was James "I never even had a football career" Harrison. No one thought he was a "pro bowl caliber player." In fact, his teammates from James' practice squad days thought he was bat **** crazy and had no heart because he would give up on plays because he had no clue what to do. James was undrafted, while Kindle was a second round talent.

All I am asking for is due diligence.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Assistant Coach

Sergio Kindle anyone?

My pea brain can't comprehend the comparison of an unproven UDFA (Harrison) and a 2nd round talent with brain damage

I dint accept such comparisons as holding any water whatsoever
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    My pea brain can't comprehend the comparison of an unproven UDFA (Harrison) and a 2nd round talent with brain damage

I dint accept such comparisons as holding any water whatsoever
    Brain damage can be reparable or irreparable. Neither of us has his prognosis. You cannot fix "short" (James' problem).

Harbaugh said, "I really think he has a chance to be good in this league. I'll be there to support him and do whatever we can to help him. He's hoping for an opportunity somewhere where he can maybe take the next step."

Now, Harbaugh has to be nice and would never say he has no chance of ever playing. I get that. However, he also would not throw superfluous comments around about Kindle having a chance to be good in this league if he was going to be drooling in the corner the rest of his life.

Due diligence.

He may not be as good as he would of been b4 the accident. But i think besides that it had alot to do with them picking up Upshaw and him getting buried on the depth chart...

Hes worth a look at least...

Thread Information