Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What moves would you make?

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    It's a solid overall plan. Good Work!

Here are some points of disagreement

1. You're Colon/Foster choice is kind of... how do I say this nicely..."dumb".
    Colon will count 7.65 against the cap
    Cutting Colon will leave 6.45 dead cap

So keeping Colon = 7.65 in LG Cap
    But, cutting Colon, and signing Foster for 2 million = 8.45 LG Cap space

2. Max Starks just proved he's still a starter coming off ACL surgery. Unless he wants to stay in Pittsburgh and give up millions of dollars, he's going to get a lot more than 1 million. He's probably getting a multi year deal in the 3-4 million per year range.

3. Cutting Suisham is just dumb. He deserves an extension not a paycut.

4. I don't see any way on the Wallace is signed for anything less than the 10 million per. The WR franchise Tag is a little over 10 million. There is plenty of market for WR this year. Getting rid of so many players to re-sign Wallace would be an epic mistake.

5. The idea of cutting Keisel, at such an affordable number... makes me sad. I accept that it's an option... but it's one that doesn't make sense to me.
    1 - Your absolutely Correct ... Cutting him makes no sense ... but He needs to take a pay cut, or I would cut him ... he don't deserve 7.6 ... I would cut him just to make a statement, even if he plays 100% of the snaps is he worth that much?? probably not ...but you got to at least play ...

2 - You could be correct ... but could also be us over rating our players like we usually do , I could be wrong but hasn't he played on 1 yr contracts and brought in last minute by the Steelers in past years? ... I'm not to sure he will have a line at his door with much better Olinemen available... if he can realize that he will be a swing man back up, I think he stays here

3 - Suisham is not worth 1.7 mil ... 1.7 for a kicker that can't make 50+ seems a bit much to me ... He is a good kicker and if he will take a pay cut like the rest of the players, sure keep him

4 - You could be right , but like I said before I think he wants to stay in Pittsburgh and with his friend Lewis, so he takes a little hometown discount ... But I could absolutely be wrong ... and wouldn't really be getting rid of many players to sign him, Plus with a WR core of Wallace, Da'Rick Rodgers and Brown would be very very good... instead of easy money, Rodgers can be Big Money lol

5 - You got to stop stunting the growth of former #1 pick to take his place ... You don't draft guys in the 1st round to replace guys 4 years down the road... you draft them #1 to take over 1-2 years max ... first round picks should contribute right away... can't learn rotting away on the bench

Excited to watch Lacey against this ND defense

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    Excited to watch Lacey against this ND defense
    He is hammering it right now - looks great against the Irish.
    Gumbands

Assistant Coach

What moves would you make?

1. Cutting someone to "make a point" isn't smart. What's the point?

2. Starks was on 1 yr contracts the last 2 years because he was coming off injury. He just played 16 games and was a pretty darn good LT in the league.

3. A guy who doesn't miss inside 50, cab kick at Heinz, and can routinely boot touchbacks. Quite valuable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Info needs to be verified by a link. Nice try.

Assistant Coach

4. I don't think Wallace wants to stay. He wants to get PAID, we already gave good money to 1 WR... We aren't paying the other.

5. I don't believe in cutting good affordable players, so that not good players can take their spot...

2nd String
    I am absolutely loving Chance Warmack in the 1st and Lacy in the 2nd... or if anything Warmack in the 1st, that would be a Hell of a line for the future

Sanders-----Gilbert - Warmack - Pouncey - Decastro - Adams - Heath/Paulson -------Brown
    -----------------------------------Ben

--------------------------------Will Johnson
    ----------------------------Dwyer / Eddie Lacy

Assistant Coach

They could cut colon after June 1 and save plenty this year, If they are willing to eat the dead space in 2014 instead

Assistant Coach

Drafting an interior oline in the first round for a 3rd time in 4 years... Would be... Odd

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Id be willing to trade Colon or Gilbert... but dobut that happening
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

2nd String
    They could cut colon after June 1 and save plenty this year, If they are willing to eat the dead space in 2014 instead
    That could be an option not to sure about how their salary cap is next year, I was never really a big Colon fan anyway, but you're right it would be pointless,that huge extension was foolish to begin with

2nd String
    Drafting an interior oline in the first round for a 3rd time in 4 years... Would be... Odd
    Would be , but you got to build it somehow ... But just tell me that line on paper doesn't sound too good

Thread Information