Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody else here remember life before Ben?

Bookmark and Share
    It is hard to imagine life without Ben.........we need to enjoy the ride while we can boys.

My Mood
    Ornery
    We will need to draft Johhny Football to compete with Chip Kelly's high flying offense in Cleveland.......
    The Tradition Continues!!!

I don't think anybody said to get a new quarterback now, at least I know I didn't, I'm just saying I think Ben may be over the hump, as in past his prime. Sure yeah with some improvement to the O-line and special teams we would probably still be playing now, and could be fore the new 3 years or so, but eventually we are going to have to replace Ben and I think we need to start thinking about that sooner rather than later. Tanking next season and drafting johnny football would sure help, Steelers don't tank on purpose for high draft picks like the colts do though. I don't know. I'd hate to be back to the Kordell Stewart or Tommy Maddox days, cause they wenr't worth their weight in beans, but as some one else said, there are a lot of good young quarter backs out there, and some of them come out of no where (capernick) so maybe we should keep an eye out for a potential Ben replacement, and a good one, Maybe we should even consider using FA for a QB at some point, worked well for the Broncos, and honestly alex smith isnt that bad, I'd love to make Ben earn his spot over Alex smith, maybe the reason Ben hasnt improved these last couple years is because he has no competition.

Banned
    I really just want to see this Oline protect for a full season. Look how good Ben was when he was younger whenour line was great. Anchored by Faneca. Yes, we had a run game. Ben had time to throw the ball also, he made plays, but this line anymore. Holy ****.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    If you think "Life Before Ben" was bad........I remember "Life Before Terry".........Be Thankful....Very Thankful for Ben.......

Starter
    Yeah 26 TDs 8 picks in 13 games.

He's clearly over the hill and should have to "compete" for his job.
    Last edited by Crash; 01-08-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Anyone calling for the trade/release of Ben Roethlisberger is certifiably insane. He is one of the main reasons why we went from mediocrity to championships and is still playing at a high level. He had a few bad games at the end of the season. Get over it and move forward. Better days for him are ahead.

Starter
    Wasn't even bad games. Overreaction.

Didn't use him vs. Cincy, and if the defense did anything of note against Dallas it's a rout.

The front office and ownership DO however have to realize that 1970s football doesn't work in Roger Goodell's no defense NFL.

Rookie Free Agent
    Yea, I remember the whole life between Terry and Ben. Of course until the early 90's the only games I got to see were the ones on TV so the effect wasn't as bad for me.

I do often dream about how the Steelers would have been the Dynasty of the 90's and early 2000's with Cowher if we have Ben all those years or a similar caliber QB.

I used to get down on Cowher at times during his career for having 'Shottenhimer Syndrome' and always falling short in the big game but looking back I feel the main reason was mostly the lack of a quality QB. We never had one that could be the difference in those games we got behind in.

Looking back even more, Cowhers teams were mostly beasts on D and Running game which they needed to be with the QB's we had all those years. Despite being 2-4 (or is it 2-5) in the AFCC game with one of those losses being Ben's rookie year (Pats cheated anyway :P) he made the most of what he had.

IMO the only reason we make it to the playoffs or have a chance every year these days is because of Ben.

Pipe Dream: Cowhers teams + Ben.

Pipe Dream #2: I hope I never see Cowher on the sidelines of another team but who knows, perhaps he does have the itch but is waiting until Tomlin's time is up for a chance to bleed Black and Gold from the sidelines once again.

I don't hate Tomlin....yet but I am starting to really question his work ethics of his players.

Yes, I remember life without Ben and I am starting to see what it's going to be like remembering life without Cowher.

Starter
    Tomlin's better than Cowher. Cowher made home playoff games at Heinz Field a joke.

Tomlin's team wins at home.

Thread Information