Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Clark's tweet about Ben Roethlisberger and Ray Lewis

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Ryan Clark's tweet about Ben Roethlisberger and Ray Lewis

People are up in arms about it for some reason. It's not like Clark has been afraid to speak his mind in the past no matter who the subject is about. We seem to forget that a lot of these players are friends off the field, and have respect for each other regardless of how much the fans hate each other.

ryan clark ‏ @ RealRClark25
    It's sad that all the Steeler fans who get upset when people speak on Ben's situation continually bring up Ray Lewis' case. # glasshouse
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 01-04-2013 at 09:23 AM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    My only gripe is that Clark fails to mention that how many Ravens fans speak of Ben and call him Rapisburger and all that dumb ****. Seriously Ryan, if you're going to call out one, at least call out both and be done with it. He honestly doesn't care though one way or the other but fans sure love to take this stuff and run with it.

He's right though

My Mood
    Sunshine
    he also fails to mention Ben was only accused while Ray was actually convicted.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

^True Story.

Banned
    He's a pea-brain. What pisses fans off the most is how media outlets CONTINUE, to this day, mention Ben's issues but those same outlets treat Ray Lewis like a hero.

He had no business, to defend an accused murderer ex-con like Ray Lewis, at the expense of his own uncharged teammate.

But then again, this clown was in the Ravens locker room hamming it up with Ed Reed AFTER they beat us in Pittsburgh.

2nd String
    Nothing wrong with having fun. They are childhood friends. And most players are friends and leave rivalries on the field. Unlike too many fans. I thought it was funny.

As for Clark's comment, it is true. But unnecessary that is for sure. Living near Baltimore I can say that people seem to be forgetful of his guilt. I don't know the guy, but my feeling is he was involved in more ways than he admits to. He wants to be a minister. Yeah, right. One guy said he should run for mayor - he would get 100 percent of the vote. I bet he would, that is how stupid (and corrupt) the city is. He would fit right in. I think media holds athletes of different backgrounds to different standards. When athlete associates himself with one kind of person and life style and group of friends they can get a pass. When somebody has a seemingly wholesome lifestyle with a family background, and they get into trouble, guess what? That will live with them the rest of their life.

I am sure that many in Pittsburgh overlook Ben's transgressions as well. Regardless, he will always have that "*" by his name. Whereas Ray will not, despite being found guilty. I would not be surprised if Ben does not get into the hall of fame and his past is a huge part of the debate either way and Ray gets in without a word of his "incident."

I guess it is all in your perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    He's a pea-brain. What pisses fans off the most is how media outlets CONTINUE, to this day, mention Ben's issues but those same outlets treat Ray Lewis like a hero.

He had no business, to defend an accused murderer ex-con like Ray Lewis, at the expense of his own uncharged teammate.

But then again, this clown was in the Ravens locker room hamming it up with Ed Reed AFTER they beat us in Pittsburgh.

Banned
    LT and Michael Irvin are in the Hall.

If they try to keep Ben out? Then Ray Lewis out too.

Or, if Lewis does get in, maybe he'll wear the white suit he wore the night of the murders that's been missing for 13 years.

Banned
    Why didn't Clark mention Charlie Batch then?

We know why, you just can't say why.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Ryan Clark is a flaming idiot.

Thread Information