Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Clark's tweet about Ben Roethlisberger and Ray Lewis

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Tell me if anyone will remember who the hell ryan clark was? If you add the ages of all steelers fans every where the total would be exponential. Add ryans clarks fans ages. maybe a couple hundred. So, what the fuk does he know about cabbage?

And their fans.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I like Clark. He is a hardnosed player. But needs to zip it. You don't take on steelers nation. Ask rashard. And a lot of fools still defend o.j after he murdered his white wife. Big Ben was suspended 4 games for his accusations. Lewis was fined 250k but never suspended. Double standard there.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

2nd String
    I agree. Derogatory remarks are derogatory remarks. What if I were retarded? Or a family member was retarded? That would be just as offensive as any racial slur. A slur is a slur. It gets back to that whole race issue. One need just accuse or mention "race" regardless of the validity of the statement, and people just get stupid. As evidenced in this, of all places, an NFL forum.

If someone accuses someone of being racist, or of making a derogatory or stereotyping comment, please make sure there is evidence. Most times it is just because people think, or feel there is substance to their claim. When in fact, there is not. As in this case. Sigh . . .

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    For those who are intellectually disabled, that word is as offensive as any other racial slur.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    I agree. Derogatory remarks are derogatory remarks. What if I were retarded? Or a family member was retarded? That would be just as offensive as any racial slur. A slur is a slur. It gets back to that whole race issue. One need just accuse or mention "race" regardless of the validity of the statement, and people just get stupid. As evidenced in this, of all places, an NFL forum.
    I would say that someone does not offend us, we choose to be offended. PS, "mentally retarded" is a medical term that is still in use although it was obviously not used medically in this case.

If someone accuses someone of being racist, or of making a derogatory or stereotyping comment, please make sure there is evidence.
    I agree with this statement but it could just as easily be used about NYCSteelersfan's comment. He implied that both Ryan's tweet and Tomlin's team culture were racist with no evidence. Has Ben complained about Ryan's tweet? Has he or any other white player claimed that Clark and Tomlin were racist? What is his evidence?
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    They need to draft a safety in the third round to send a little message to Mr. Clark.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

2nd String
    I agree. Social media makes people stupid. I think most of us are guilty of that to some extent. I guess when you are celebrity of sorts you tend to think people really care what you think! Google, Facebook, Twitter, ad nausea are going to be the downfall of modern civilization!

I just read an NFL player Tweeted his phone number to the hotty Miss Alabama girlfriend of some college QB during a game. Stupidity FTW!

I just noticed I used a bunch of exclamation points (!). I had to go back to edit and state that.

Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    I like Clark. He is a hardnosed player. But needs to zip it. You don't take on steelers nation. Ask rashard. And a lot of fools still defend o.j after he murdered his white wife. Big Ben was suspended 4 games for his accusations. Lewis was fined 250k but never suspended. Double standard there.

Banned
    Clark's a buffoon. He once berated the host of his own radio show, almost got into a fight with ESPN 970's Joe Bendal, and acted like an *** at a retirement party for a Steelers office staffer by berating other customers at Nakama in Pittsburgh.

His latest BS isn't a surprise at all.

Im tired of Clarks social media and off the field talking. Just shut up Ryan. Please.

Ryan Clark's tweet about Ben Roethlisberger and Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Im tired of Clarks social media and off the field talking. Just shut up Ryan. Please.
    I agree, for an average player he's talking too much! I hate that ****!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    PS, "mentally retarded" is a medical term that is still in use although it was obviously not used medically in this case.

I agree with this statement but it could just as easily be used about NYCSteelersfan's comment. He implied that both Ryan's tweet and Tomlin's team culture were racist with no evidence. Has Ben complained about Ryan's tweet? Has he or any other white player claimed that Clark and Tomlin were racist? What is his evidence?
    Mentally retarded is not the same thing as "retard." And even mentally retarded as a medical term is being phased out in favor of intellectually disabled/challenged. At some point, "negro" was used officially to classify those of African origin before being replaced by African-(country of residence). I just find it interesting that many on these forums are quick to use an offensive word like "retard," but when someone says anything about black and white relations, especially someone who is not known to be black themselves, they're labeled a racist.

And I never implied that Clark's comment or Tomlin's team culture is racist. My statement was explicit and had nothing to do with racism. Racism means someone thinking they're race is superior to other races. I have no idea if Clark or Tomlin are racists, however, it's obvious that Clark's comment was clearly racially motivated.

Ask yourself: what was Clark's point? Pittsburgh fans shouldn't point to the criminality of opposing team's players because their own team has players who have some form of criminal past? First of all, if his point was that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, then why not simply look up statistics for crimes committed in Pittsburgh and say something like "this many Pittsburgh residents committed this many crimes and yet Steeler fans point to Ray Lewis." That way, he directly points to the individuals actually casting the stones rather than using a teammate as counterpoint in defense of Ray Lewis. Second of all, if he wanted to make the specific point that Pittsburgh fans shouldn't talk about opposing team's players' criminal past because their own team has players with a criminal past, then why not point to Alemeda Ta'amu who was actually arrested? Or how about Joey Porter or Burress? Why Roethlisberger? To me, it's pretty obvious why he chose Roethlisberger because Clark's point was "white Steeler fans give white Roethlisberger a pass but always talk about black Ray Lewis being a murderer."

And what does this have to do with Tomlin? I said I expect nothing less because Tomlin has zero control over these players.

Thread Information