Thread: PPG: Steelers Report: A Look Back At Disappointing Season

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

PPG: Steelers Report: A Look Back At Disappointing Season

Bouchette and Dulac discuss why the Steelers had an 8-8 season. Towards the end of the video they question the philosophy change the Steelers made on offense and wonder if they need to go back a little bit.

http://www.post-gazette.com/video/?v=2065786405001

Banned
    Wait a minute. Bouchette was touting Haley as this genius who would exploit matchups and not be like other OC's who handcuffed their own players.

Now he's changing his mind?

Draft Pick
    Apparently so. Everyone wants to hang their hats on that three game stretch against the Bengals, Redskins, and Giants. But really, those teams were playing their worst football of the season when they played the Steelers. And considering the Steelers have been to the playoffs and won super bowl before Haley came, maybe we shouldn't be putting much stock into those three games.

Skins had 11 drops that game. If they caught 3/4 of those passes perfectly thrown by RG3 we lose that game.

This team is lucky to of escaped the season at 500. Could of very easily been 2-3 games below!

To be mild, this 2012 team sucked!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

2nd String
    And I think we lost 5 games by 3 points or so? Could have went the other way too. And stop and think, maybe the
    Steelers caused the other team not to play well? Despite the oddness of it all, they did have a great D. If everyone played the best football week in and week out every team would be 16-0!

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Skins had 11 drops that game. If they caught 3/4 of those passes perfectly thrown by RG3 we lose that game.

This team is lucky to of escaped the season at 500. Could of very easily been 2-3 games below!

To be mild, this 2012 team sucked!

Skins had wide open WR's just dropping balls, none were defended.

Sure you can look at it as half full vs half empty! I don't, this team fooled the league with the #1 defense and ended up at 8-8 because they're an average team at best...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Draft Pick
    This season showed me that the Steelers can beat teams that play their worst football of the season. Jets, Eagles, Bengals, Redskins, Giants, Ravens the second time - all teams that were on a skid or starting to skid when they played the Steelers.

Thread Information