Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many more years you think Ben has left in him.

Bookmark and Share
    I suppose I am counting on the line improving over the next couple season as some of these high draft picks round into form.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 6-8 years.

How many more years you think Ben has left in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    I suppose I am counting on the line improving over the next couple season as some of these high draft picks round into form.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 6-8 years.
    I'd love to see him here that long. I just can't see him playing at a high level that long taking a beating like he does each year.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

I understand Ben gets his *** kicked. That's fine. But 2 years? Before his injury he was playing the best football of his career. Now he's only gonna play for 2 more years? Come on now. It would be one thing if his injuries over the years were severe, but he's never had a season-ending/career threatening type injury. Sure this rib thing was serious, but it was a short term issue. He's always been banged up and always plays at a high level. Ben is as tough as they come. He'll be around for a while. Like I said before, I see at the very least, 5 years.

This is prior to this season:
    In his career, Roethlisberger has missed 14 total starts: six for injuries, four for suspension, two for late-season rest, and the first two games of his career before he stepped in as the permanent starter.
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...ron-man/12279/

Surprisingly enough, you know who gets beat up more than Ben? Jay Cutler and Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers was sacked over 50 times this season. Perhaps I have a biased stance, but I tend to think that Ben is just built differently than most QB's and is able to absorb more punishment. Front office must understand that getting a REAL RB in here would certainly help prolong Ben's career. Look at Elway once Terrell Davis established himself as an elite RB. It bought Elway about 3 more years than we all thought he had because he didn't have to do everything himself and the defense had to respect the running game which slows down the pass rush.

That elite RB is not likely on the Steelers roster at this point, although I think Mendenhall would be pretty special if he took his head out of his a$$ once in a while to breathe.

I am banking on 5 years...........I think we consider a QB each year depending on who is available when we pick. Would have been nice to get Kirk Cousins last year.

Anybody have an idea of a mid round QB option this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I understand Ben gets his *** kicked. That's fine. But 2 years? Before his injury he was playing the best football of his career. Now he's only gonna play for 2 more years? Come on now. It would be one thing if his injuries over the years were severe, but he's never had a season-ending/career threatening type injury. Sure this rib thing was serious, but it was a short term issue. He's always been banged up and always plays at a high level. Ben is as tough as they come. He'll be around for a while. Like I said before, I see at the very least, 5 years.

This is prior to this season:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...ron-man/12279/
    He's one torn up shoulder away from retirement. When he's done with football he'll be held together by scar tissue! I'm serious man, he's gotta learn to stay clean the older her gets.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Draft Pick
    Im sticking with 5 yrs like i said b4 i think hes capable of playing longer but it wouldnt be at a very high level and sooner or later you have to give someone else the job for the future and find that franchise qb... besides he might wanna hang it up for personal reasons not related to his game like family

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    A couple bad games after a serious injury, in a season where he was a legitmate MVP candidate before the injury, and now the dude is old, fat and washed up. I don't know about anyone else but does no one remember 2009 or even 2010? Ben was fat as ****. I said on multiple occasions how he looks like he's lost weight.
    I love Big Ben, but he is fat. I agree with four years.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted

Ben will be in his 10th year next season. He will be 31 in a couple of months. Ben has played in 127 games and taken 344 sacks (that's not counting all the hits he has taken), that's almost 3 per game. He won't change his style of play, that's the only way he knows to play the game. I give him 3-5 years, those hits are taking its toll and 1 day in the not too distant future, we will be remembering when he first came into the league. Time flies by too damn quick......

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

2009:

2012:

Thread Information