Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many more years you think Ben has left in him.

Bookmark and Share

Lightbulb How many more years you think Ben has left in him.

I was reading in another post about how we need a good back up QB in the draft, at first I thought it was crazy. However, after giving it some thought, I'm starting to think Ben's career will be cut short due to the beating he takes, he already isnt absorbing hits like he used to. I know we cant really judge him on this season with the major injury, but damn, what if he declines fast, we better have someone all nice in polished up within 3 years. I just don't see Ben being one of those guys that plays till hes 38 years old, I could be wrong. It wouldn't surprise me if he isn't worth his weight in salt by the time hes 34.

He takes a beating almost as bad as some running backs, thats why they all decline so early. I dont know though. what you guys think? I Still think a top notch RB should be out #1 pick this year especially because theres no one that looks to be THAT great that will be available, especially someone that good that is going to wanna be a back up for an undetermined amount of time,but I think the steelers should be proactive about replacing ben just in case he plays like he did the second half of this season. I really think we need a better back up NOW, but we need to have our eyes out for a SUCCESSOR, for when Benss out of steam, which may be sooner than we think. The guy just doesn't look that healthy, frankly hes fat.

Draft Pick
    5 yrs top unless he learns to throw ball away... but this is ben and thats just not his cup of tea

Banned
    4 if they stay out of his way, and allow whomever the OC is (That includes Haley) to use Ben and this offense to their full potential and not obsess with reliving the past.

Banned
    A top notch RB does not matter if he's lined up 8 1/2 yards behind the LOS on 2nd and 1.

By the time he gets to the line any hole that was open will already be closed.

At least 5 years

So it sounds like we all pretty much agree ben will have a relatively short career for a QB, he may already be past his prime. He just can't stay healthy, it doesn't matter how good he would be if he did stay healthy, because he never does. Big Ben has been my favorite player for years now and it's kinda sad to see that he could be done by the time hes 35, while manning is out there on the superbowl favorites just tearin **** up at 37 and could realistically play until hes 40 like farve. ( still remember seeing the hit that finally knocked Farve out for good, it was someone on the bills that's all I can remember lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    A top notch RB does not matter if he's lined up 8 1/2 yards behind the LOS on 2nd and 1.

By the time he gets to the line any hole that was open will already be closed.
    I do agree with that, we need to address both, bottom line is none of our current running backs would be much better behind the best offensive line in football, they all just suck. Delcastro will be back hopefully he will live up to all his hype, if he doesnt slip in the shower and miss the whole season like he did this year.

Banned
    Past his prime?

How many more years you think Ben has left in him.

Not many!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Past his prime?

yeah I don't think I st-st-st-st-stuttered did I? Hes getting hurt more, hes missing more games, hes healing slower, hes not as mobile and hes fat, so yeah maybe he is past his prime.

Thread Information