Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How many more years you think Ben has left in him.

Bookmark and Share
    Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
    So it sounds like we all pretty much agree ben will have a relatively short career for a QB, he may already be past his prime. He just can't stay healthy, it doesn't matter how good he would be if he did stay healthy, because he never does. Big Ben has been my favorite player for years now and it's kinda sad to see that he could be done by the time hes 35, while manning is out there on the superbowl favorites just tearin **** up at 37 and could realistically play until hes 40 like farve. ( still remember seeing the hit that finally knocked Farve out for good, it was someone on the bills that's all I can remember lol.
    Not sure I agree here. Ben was MVP-like through 3/4 of the season and if I remember correctly this shoulder injury was lingering long before that. If he get's this fixed and our OC goes shopping for a clue in the off season, I could see Ben being very effective for another 5 years.
    Last edited by Stone; 01-10-2013 at 09:27 AM.
    Who will be Todd Haley's first victim on national TV ...... and when?

Quote Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
    So it sounds like we all pretty much agree ben will have a relatively short career for a QB...
    This just goes to show you how badly many Steeler fans lack perspective, when 14 or 15 seasons is considered a "relatively short career."
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Rodgers was sacked over 50 times this season.
    Clearly, Aaron Rodgers is a dumb QB who can't read defenses.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Rodgers and Ben are the best QB's in the NFL at dealing with sacks. They can take a hit and just keep on playing. With Ben entering his 9th season and the beating he's taken along with the off field issues that plagued him a few years ago I'd be hardpressed to think he makes it past 12 years in the league. Who knows what the offense will look like in 2013 and beyond but Ben will always be Ben.

Im going with 13 season, which he will retire at 35. The motorcycle accident didnt help, all the season where he was sacked 50+ times, the hits he took after the release of he ball after he made a play, his foot/ankles/knee. 35 tops.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Rodgers and Ben are the best QB's in the NFL at dealing with sacks. They can take a hit and just keep on playing. With Ben entering his 9th season and the beating he's taken along with the off field issues that plagued him a few years ago I'd be hardpressed to think he makes it past 12 years in the league. Who knows what the offense will look like in 2013 and beyond but Ben will always be Ben.
    And that's the problem in a nutshell.."Ben will always be Ben" and not get the ball out of his hands. After the third read, if it's not there, throw the ball away!!! You would think all the injuries would tell him that maybe I should alter what I do a little bit and learn to throw the ball away and live to play another play.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Banned
    And like I said, the minute he starts chucking the ball away from the pocket to avoid sacks people will start bitching.

You want Ben to be safe? Then Haley or whomever the OC is needs to adapt as well.

That means no more Heath Miller in the backfield on 3rd and 4 running 8 yards to gain 4.

Too slow to develop, especially when the check down was blocking.

That's the reason he got crunched, that's the reason he got hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Im going with 13 season, which he will retire at 35. The motorcycle accident didnt help, all the season where he was sacked 50+ times, the hits he took after the release of he ball after he made a play, his foot/ankles/knee. 35 tops.
    Surprisingly, Ben has never been sacked more than 50 times and has only been sacked 50 times once (09-10)

Waterboy
    I truly am concerned about Ben's health and longevity-particularly with the absence of a quality offensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Surprisingly, Ben has never been sacked more than 50 times and has only been sacked 50 times once (09-10)
    Sorry T, it just seems he has been sacked that many time in multiple seasons. I believe he has had some 40+ seasons, correct me if Im wrong. Don't really feel like looking it up atm.

Thread Information