Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft Updated as of 1/1/12: Rounds 1-5 from drafttek.com

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    pass rushers, safety and nose tackle. Those look to be the biggest needs.

I don't see Teo getting past the Bills at # 8. They need LB's like crazy.

I think Mingo will fall to us at # 17 and that would be an outstanding get. And I think everyone would be happy with that. But some scouts are saying that Mike Adams will end up being a right tackle for the remainder of his career. If that be the case, then Taylor Lewan (MIchigan) will still be on the board and he could be our future at left tackle.
    Lewan is going back to Michigan for his senior season

NT is not a need (not in the first 3 rounds)

I'd be happy with Mingo

WR and RB are both bigger needs than ILB and NT

WR and RB is only a need if both Mendenhall and Wallace is gone. They might be (most likely), but they might also be back.

I just don't understand why you don't think NT is a need. McClendon is not a run-stopping NT who open holes for the LBs. He can rush the QB and thats about it. When Hampton played well this season (towards the end of the season), the whole defense played well. We have no one behind him, and you cannot expect him to play anywhere near a high level next year.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I strongly disagree Neil...nose tackle is a red alert need! One of the main reasons we haven't won the division the last couple of years is that (I hate to say it) we are not as dominant on the lines. Getting Jenkins would be a hell of a start to getting back to being dominant.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

need help at nose tackle and Jenkins is a beast at 6'4" 363 pounds. He looks like a Steelers. LOL. And Jenkins can help us right away. No disrespect to Mcclendon.
    Can McClendon move to rde lde

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    only as good as the 3 guys up front.
    Well if all 4 guys around the three guys were more of a threat... that would help the 3 guys up front look better too...

I actually don't think having McClendon move to end would be a horrible idea. He would have to lose some weight, but his playing style is better suited for end in LeBeaus system imo.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Well if all 4 guys around the three guys were more of a threat... that would help the 3 guys up front look better too...
    Obviously, but my point is that out ILBs have an extremely rough time if they have to take on guards themselves on every play because our d-line aint opening any holes.

2nd String
    No not many teams run the power run anymore where you need the Dline to take up 2 blockers.... they run that stretch play , where you need penetration up the middle to stop ... McClendon will be just fine... at least that's my 2 cents...

and just drafted Ta"amu which with a year under his belt might be better ... like he said in preseason or camp, he made a play behind the line and got bitched at because that's not what the Steelers Dline does, they just hold there block ... Please let the players play , make all the plays you can, F this Old School Defense

About the ILB , I love Hodges in the 3rd , and I think he poses better value then grabbing one in the 2nd or 3rd , if any at all (depends on Spence recover is going)

2nd String
    Oh yeah and I don't think RB is that much of a need besides a change of pace back ... I think Dwyer will be more than fine ... treat him just like a rookie , his Age is like he is a rookie ... yes the 1st couple season he came in out of a shape and stuff but he was only 20 I think when they drafted him, so he was immature and knew he wasn't really going to get any PT ... this season he took Offseason a little more seriously and he showed some things, now this offseason he knows the starting job is his, he's more mature , and will take Offseason even more serious and be in even better shape

Banned
    I strongly disagree Neil...nose tackle is a red alert need! One of the main reasons we haven't won the division the last couple of years is that (I hate to say it) we are not as dominant on the lines. Getting Jenkins would be a hell of a start to getting back to being dominant.
    One of the main reasons??? holy ****... i don't think it would even crack the top 10 reasons. What's your evidence? Is it the fact that we are still a top tier run stopping team every year?

McClendon, Taamu, Fangupo.... we are fine at NT

Our lack of pass rushers
    Our lack of takeaway DBs
    Our lack of homerun hitters on offense

those are important reasons...

NT... is a plug and play position in this defense. There's a reason that everytime Hampton went down, Hoke was able to come in and we never missed a beat

Thread Information