Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft Updated as of 1/1/12: Rounds 1-5 from drafttek.com

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    He was hot coming out of high school. Then he was barely known nationally before this season. You guys just regurgitate what you hear on ESPN. Again, he's not a bad player, but he isn't special either.
    hes been on my radar since he came out of HS, hes played on some ****** teams and on some ****** defenses but anyone who follows the draft has known who he s for quite some time...i thought it was pretty surprising he went back to school last season. Dont tell me i just regurgitate ESPN garbage, ive seen him play plenty and 4 years of playing well and an incredible season isnt just erased by one game

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    He was hot coming out of high school. Then he was barely known nationally before this season. You guys just regurgitate what you hear on ESPN. Again, he's not a bad player, but he isn't special either.
    I hate when the ignorant accuse the intelligent of regurgitating from {insert source}

You know, during your entire Te'o rant, you haven't made 1 comment about him as a football player. Not a single comment about his skill/talent. You've basically referrenced some missed tackles in 1 game, and made a dumb as rocks comparison to the Notre Dame schedule.

- Read & React speed = ELITE
    - Lateral Mobility = ELITE
    - Football IQ / Awareness = ELITE
    - Sideline to Sideline = Very Good
    - Leadership = Very Good
    - Tackling = Very Good
    - Zone Coverage = Very Good
    - Point of Attack Strength = Above Average
    - Blitz = Above Average

Te'o has no flaws

(But he's a much better fit in the middle of a 4-3, than a 3-4)
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I hate when the ignorant accuse the intelligent of regurgitating from {insert source}

You know, during your entire Te'o rant, you haven't made 1 comment about him as a football player. Not a single comment about his skill/talent. You've basically referrenced some missed tackles in 1 game, and made a dumb as rocks comparison to the Notre Dame schedule.

- Read & React speed = ELITE
    - Lateral Mobility = ELITE
    - Football IQ / Awareness = ELITE
    - Sideline to Sideline = Very Good
    - Leadership = Very Good
    - Tackling = Very Good
    - Zone Coverage = Very Good
    - Point of Attack Strength = Above Average
    - Blitz = Above Average

Te'o has no flaws

(But he's a much better fit in the middle of a 4-3, than a 3-4)
    beautifully said.

he is a lot like farrior in that he could play all 4 LB positions for us, but like ive been saying hes a complete LB...could play all 7 positions between both schemes

Can we give Mike Mauti a look from PSU in the later rounds if we dont decide to get an ILB early (Teo), I like Mauti a lot and think he can bring a leadership role right away to this team.

i like skov too

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    beautifully said.

he is a lot like farrior in that he could play all 4 LB positions for us, but like ive been saying hes a complete LB...could play all 7 positions between both schemes
    I think his best position ends up being WLB in a 4-3 - where his vision, agility, sideline to sideline playmaking would make him a virtual Derrick Brooks clone.

I think he'd also be a very good MLB in a 4-3, where his ability to turn his hips and move will make him very attractive to Tampa 2 teams, and while I don't think he'll be as good physically as Urlacher, he has the same raw leadership and nose for the ball abilities to mirror what Urlacher has been to the Bears. A pure leader, whose impact transcends his ability.

As for a 3-4, I don't think he's as good of a fit for Pittsburgh because he would HAVE to play the Mack (Timmons). I think only weakness would be exposed playing the Buck (Foote) in a 3-4.

If he were available at #17, I'd take him in a heartbeat... and then make the case that our personnel now dictated that we play a 4-3. Timmons WLB, Te'o MLB

Mock Draft Updated as of 1/1/12: Rounds 1-5 from drafttek.com

Neil & Train, thanks for the insight! It's helpful for me a college / draft dumbass!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

2nd String
    I think his best position ends up being WLB in a 4-3 - where his vision, agility, sideline to sideline playmaking would make him a virtual Derrick Brooks clone.

I think he'd also be a very good MLB in a 4-3, where his ability to turn his hips and move will make him very attractive to Tampa 2 teams, and while I don't think he'll be as good physically as Urlacher, he has the same raw leadership and nose for the ball abilities to mirror what Urlacher has been to the Bears. A pure leader, whose impact transcends his ability.

As for a 3-4, I don't think he's as good of a fit for Pittsburgh because he would HAVE to play the Mack (Timmons). I think only weakness would be exposed playing the Buck (Foote) in a 3-4.

If he were available at #17, I'd take him in a heartbeat... and then make the case that our personnel now dictated that we play a 4-3. Timmons WLB, Te'o MLB
    If they would move to a 4-3 I want Gerald Hodges in the 3rd

Timmons , Teo , Hodges/Spence .... I can dig that

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Neil & Train, thanks for the insight! It's helpful for me a college / draft dumbass!
    No prob...
    I try to do it without coming off like an *******... but im kind of an ***. lol

Mock Draft Updated as of 1/1/12: Rounds 1-5 from drafttek.com

No prob...
    I try to do it without coming off like an *******... but im kind of an ***. lol
    We all are! Thanks man!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information