Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft Updated as of 1/1/12: Rounds 1-5 from drafttek.com

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    "Tough Notre Dame's schedule was"??????????? Notre Dame MAKES their schedule dude. And since Notre Dame doesn't want to schedule any SEC teams, You don't know what your talking about.

Who did Notre Dame legitimately beat???? They cheated Stanford in that game on a TD that wasn't a TD!! I'm just talking fact.

You obviously like Notre Dame and your sour because your team took a monster *** beating. Hahahaah. Last nite, Alabama was Jerry Sandusky..........and Notre Dame was a ten year old boy!! Hahahaaha.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

I don't have feelings one way or the other for Notre Dame. But I can tell when a team is put into a championship game because it's a team that has past history..and that's all. Notre Dame was a complete and absolute fraud. That's why the bookies cleaned up on all that money those old Notre Dame fans put on the game. Hahaahahahaha

teo was poor last night but thats because bamas offense was overwhelming that defense in every aspect, especially up front

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    "Tough Notre Dame's schedule was"??????????? Notre Dame MAKES their schedule dude. And since Notre Dame doesn't want to schedule any SEC teams, You don't know what your talking about.

Who did Notre Dame legitimately beat???? They cheated Stanford in that game on a TD that wasn't a TD!! I'm just talking fact.

You obviously like Notre Dame and your sour because your team took a monster *** beating. Hahahaah. Last nite, Alabama was Jerry Sandusky..........and Notre Dame was a ten year old boy!! Hahahaaha.
    This is the problem with your ilk. You're obviously an idiot who makes wild assumptions about people based on a post or two. Your opinions are based on whether you "like" a player or team, so you project your bias onto others (I defended ND's schedule, thus I must like ND). A Syracuse alum and fan here. I also get to see SEC teams kick the cream out of UK in Lexington every year, so I know something about the conference.

Only someone irreparably biased would say that Oklahoma, Michigan State, Michigan, USC, Stanford, and BYU are not "real teams." Are they national championship contenders? Nope. Are they high enough quality to determine if Te'o is good? Absolutely.

If I remember correctly, you are fond of saying "what the front office does will determine who is right." Great. Let's see if the accumulated front offices of the NFL make Te'o a first round draft pick based on ND's schedule against those that are not "real teams" or based solely on one game where the entire ND team was crushed and he falls to the third round or lower where the other "frauds" are.
    Last edited by TarlsQtr; 01-08-2013 at 02:41 PM.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    This is the problem with your ilk. You're obviously an idiot who makes wild assumptions about people based on a post or two. Your opinions are based on whether you "like" a player or team, so you project your bias onto others (I defended ND's schedule, thus I must like ND). A Syracuse alum and fan here. I also get to see SEC teams kick the cream out of UK in Lexington every year, so I know something about the conference.

Only someone irreparably biased would say that Oklahoma, Michigan State, Michigan, USC, Stanford, and BYU are not "real teams." Are they national championship contenders? Nope. Are they high enough quality to determine if Te'o is good? Absolutely.

If I remember correctly, you are fond of saying "what the front office does will determine who is right." Great. Let's see if the accumulated front offices of the NFL make Te'o a first round draft pick based on ND's schedule against those that are not "real teams" or based solely on one game where the entire ND team was crushed and he falls to the third round or lower where the other "frauds" are.
    Tarlsqtr, everyone on this board KNOWS your a "fake tough guy". Your always looking to pick a fight. You've got issues dude. It won't be long before your banned.

Notre Dame's schedule was as weak as ice cream setting in the desert this year. They jobbed Stanford on a TD that wasn't, and they beat a below average USC and an average Oklahoma team. That's not an opinion, that's fact buddy.

Thus, people like Teo, are vastly overrated. I'm not saying that he's a bad player, he's just not as good as they've hyped up and he DAMN sure isn't worth those awards he's been given. Luckily for us, some other foolish team, who believes hype like you do will take him ahead of us therefore keeping us from making a huge mistake.

But...........if he did slide down to us at # 17, that would be further proof that he's not all that he's been hyped up to be. But the facts are what they are..............He played a team with equal amount of talent, and he was nudered and a non-factor.

Von Miller was dominant against all he played and he earned his selection in the first round. Teo was ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED! No real first round pick gets absolutely destroyed when going man on man. Teo got the love and the hype because the old heads wanted Notre Dame to be back...but it was all hype. He's an "okay" player.

And we are focusing in on Teo........not the whole Notre Dame team. Man on man...chest to chest....men locking up...he was stone walled for an entire game. With people running through his feeble arm tackle attempts. That's because the level of talent was equal and he couldn't hang.

And your obviously a person who bases their opinions on what others say. You believe whatever ESPN tells you to believe. Sad that your not more intelligent...but you have a big mouth that I"ll have shut if you don't watch it.

You can state your opinions without the personal insults, but if you can't restrain yourself, I'll have a conversation with Blitz about your overall behavior in this forum. There are a few of us who have grown tired of your act. Respect your fellow posters..you don't have to agree with them, but you do have to respect them. Peace.

As far as being "really worthy" of a first round pick, Teo is a fraud. That's my point. But some dumb team is going to believe the hype. Just like Tennessee's owner Bud Adams believed the hype on Vince Young.

Mock Draft Updated as of 1/1/12: Rounds 1-5 from drafttek.com

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    teo was poor last night but thats because bamas offense was overwhelming that defense in every aspect, especially up front
    Think he could fall to 17? Do we want him??

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    As far as being "really worthy" of a first round pick, Teo is a fraud. That's my point. But some dumb team is going to believe the hype. Just like Tennessee's owner Bud Adams believed the hype on Vince Young.
    completely irrelevant comparison.

hes worth a first round pick as much as willis, mcclain, kuechly, beason, hightower, and mayo were. and hes a better player than guys like mauluga, lauranitis, wagner, spikes, bowman, harris...who were all round 2+ picks. teo is a great prospect and hes a guy that commands the defense

No way K-train. None of those guys you mentioned were ever dominated like that when confronted with equal talent. He is a second round pick.

And the comparison isn't irrelevant. It's about worthiness and value. And he's not really a difference maker LB like he's been bilt up to be. He'll be an "okay" player. Our intent isn't to use our first round picks on "okay" players.

By all accounts, Te'o has all the tools to be a great ILB. You cannot expect them to look like a Navarro Bowman from college. I could go on about some of the great things he brings to the table, but you would not really buy them. You don't like him, and that is really about it. I doubt anyone could make you like him before he plays in the league. Which is fine by me; we all have those kinds of prospects. I do, however, think that you HAVE to take him at 17. There is just too much to like to turn it down. LB , to me, is the biggest need on this team by far. ILB moreso than OLB. As such, if you have either fall (and really, at ILB its only Teo who can fall as far as ILB goes), you pick him. Same with Mingo. He has had a so-so season, but the potential is far to large to turn down if he is there.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information