Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft Updated as of 1/1/12: Rounds 1-5 from drafttek.com

Bookmark and Share
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    If Troy and Clark are back next year this team won't take a safety in the first round.......I could see them taking a safety in round 3 or 4........
    Troy and Clark both missed a lot of time this year. We need to be drafting out future starting S now. I could definitely see a high pick on S. I do agree, though, that a pass rusher is a more likely selection.

I can tell you this with certainty, though. There's no way in hell we take another guard in the first round, no matter who's available. You can bank that one.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I believe they like Robert Golden to be the replacement for Ryan Clark, so I don't see them taking a Safety in the first round. Being a HUGE Notre Dame fan, I'd be absolutely thrilled if they got Manti Te'o, but I seriously don't see him being available at #17, so they would have to move up to get him. Does anyone have a guess as to what it would take to move up to say, #10-#12? I remember when they moved up to get Polamalu, but I don't recall what they gave up to get him.

Chris

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricker24 View Post
    I believe they like Robert Golden to be the replacement for Ryan Clark, so I don't see them taking a Safety in the first round. Being a HUGE Notre Dame fan, I'd be absolutely thrilled if they got Manti Te'o, but I seriously don't see him being available at #17, so they would have to move up to get him. Does anyone have a guess as to what it would take to move up to say, #10-#12? I remember when they moved up to get Polamalu, but I don't recall what they gave up to get him.

Chris
    I agree. I think Golden is the goods.
    Return of the Banana

Quote Originally Posted by Cricker24 View Post

Chris
    #1, #3, #4, #5 would it matter?? If we had Teo and our #2

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    If they can't upgrade the secondary, they then better get the best pass rusher they can get to help the secondary.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Troy and Clark both missed a lot of time this year. We need to be drafting out future starting S now. I could definitely see a high pick on S. I do agree, though, that a pass rusher is a more likely selection.

I can tell you this with certainty, though. There's no way in hell we take another guard in the first round, no matter who's available. You can bank that one.
    Round three isn't a high pick?....I'm just saying its a deep safety class and if Troy/Clark are back next year then I wouldn't expect a safety within the first two rounds.....You can find a future starting safety without spending a first round pick on one.....

2nd String
    im starting to think Te'o is a little over hyped on this board ... dont get me wrong i like him, but i honestly wouldnt take him top 10...

but if Te'o and Jones are both their that selection should easily be Jones

and as im looking more at the draft order i can see Te'o dropping, i think the main team would be buffalo at 8 that could take him

Jones is the one im hopping falls though

Assistant Coach

Mock Draft Updated as of 1/1/12: Rounds 1-5 from drafttek.com

Teo is the goods. He'll be long gone before our pick. The guy is goin to be a face if the franchise leader.

Everything unrelated to athleticism and football that I loved about JJ Watt when he came out, I see the same in Teo.
    Return of the Banana

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    i'd prefer to draft a pass rusher with the 1st pick, but I expect the top 5 to all be gone by our #17 pick (exactly how it played out in drafttek mock - Werner, Jordan, Jones, Moore, Mingo. After that I don't see another pass rusher with a mid 1st round grade. I would sacrifice our 3rd round pick to move up for Jordan

Reid is a great safety, and an option... but I think the draft is very deep and safeties, and a good one can be taken in the 2nd round.

WR, a need, is not a deep position this year. After the top 5-6 guys, it thins out quickly.
    What about Matt Elam in the 2nd round? would you like that? I like Elam..

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    This mock is bogus. We are not taking another O-lineman with the first round pick.
    I wouldnt say this is bogus they are just going by the end of the season it has changed a lot on this site, but you figure if Starks is gone we need to get someone there and maybe Colon.. So Oline isnt out of the question in the first round but i wouldnt mind waiting till later on and maybe getting Brian Winters from Kent State but Warmack is a beast..

Thread Information