Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft Updated as of 1/1/12: Rounds 1-5 from drafttek.com

Bookmark and Share
    We really need a go getter at RB because right now all we have is change of pace backs. I used to think Mendenhall was it but i've realized that his mind is really not on football, he just lacks aggression at times. He has the size and speed to be one of the best backs in the league, but the boy is Bipolar on the field lol. When the light turns on for him I really hope he's in a steelers uniform. . Again I really wish we could get Jones-Drew ,Running backs don't command as much money as they used to. I think the jags would let him go for a 3rd or 4th rounder.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Listen to my local sports station hear in Los Angeles and they are saying that the Bengals have a dead eye lock on Lacy. Makes sense because Andy Dalton doesn't scare anyone so they are going to need to continue the upgrade of talent around him.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Listen to my local sports station hear in Los Angeles and they are saying that the Bengals have a dead eye lock on Lacy. Makes sense because Andy Dalton doesn't scare anyone so they are going to need to continue the upgrade of talent around him.
    The Raiders practically made them good, who trades a 1st and 2nd for Carson Palmer

this division isn't getting any easier

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Yeah....wish we could trade Wallace for an additional 2nd round pick.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    The Raiders practically made them good, who trades a 1st and 2nd for Carson Palmer

this division isn't getting any easier
    It could if the Steelers would just give up on their Prehistoric morals and ways of going about business.

They need to realize you dont have to be the Redskins in free agency but at least take a look and if there is a guy that makes sense even if he is a big name TRY to sign him... Throw a number at him who knows we could get lucky...

Or trading a guy for stuff that hes actually worth.

How do we get what like a 5th round pick for Santonio Holmes a Super Bowl MVP, and They get a 1st and 2nd for a QB with knees of glass and that has shown flashes but no real consistent ability to be legit.

Dont give me that excuse that because of his behavior thats all teams where offering for Holmes.... I can't believe that for a second with how desperate some teams are for WR. Even if it was true keep him anyway until things cool down and then trade him. I know they wanted to make an example of him with all that was going on at the time... But make an example while doing something to benefit the team...

They need to find a way to sign wallace and trade him to a team for picks...

Letting him walk via free agency is terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by USMC607 View Post
    They need to find a way to sign wallace and trade him to a team for picks...

Letting him walk via free agency is terrible...
    If the Steelers somehow sign him, they will do so with the intention of keeping him. In Wallace's mind, he has a high dollar value, but after last season on the field performance and lack of leadership demonstrated, he will be an affordable sign. Question is, does he want to come back? I don't think they have any leverage to sign him and trade him.

Draft wise, Steelers need an OLB or ILB or a safety.

Not that this would happen, but if Troy was ever shown the door, I could see Clark going to SS and them drafting a FS with better ball hawk skills.

I understand its probably not gonna happen but i would really like to get something out of Wallace not just letting him walk empty handed...

And after this season his dollar amount may have came down. But thats not always a certainty. Plus with what colbert said about Free Agents... But i have a hard time believing the steelers are going to let all free agents walk this season without trying to sign them. Especially Keenan Lewis.

I agree OLB, ILB, and S are a need i would add RB in there too because it seems like that position is going to be gutted with only Dwyer Remaining on the team.

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC607 View Post
    I understand its probably not gonna happen but i would really like to get something out of Wallace not just letting him walk empty handed...

And after this season his dollar amount may have came down. But thats not always a certainty. Plus with what colbert said about Free Agents... But i have a hard time believing the steelers are going to let all free agents walk this season without trying to sign them. Especially Keenan Lewis.

I agree OLB, ILB, and S are a need i would add RB in there too because it seems like that position is going to be gutted with only Dwyer Remaining on the team.
    I think Wallace will want to go too Arizona now that BA is there, i expect them to make a big run at him. Draft wise the East vs West Shrine game is tomorrow at 4-430 on NFL Network, so check it out!! But i saw that we are looking at Collin Kline, Ray Graham those are the top two players. Colbert also said dont count us out drafting a QB in the first round. He said this year we can go for any position with any pick. I like this Colbert better than how he was in past living in that bubble like our team is just fine, just draft a player to fill in later like 3-5 yrs later. We need to start drafting players to come in right away make a impact. I just hope we make a splash in the draft and free agent, but i dont want no OL taken first

I would take a chance on Klein in the 6th or 7th round...

People are really knocking his ability to throw the ball... But they also said everything wrong with him is something that can be coached out of him... Plus i love his scrambling ability... We could come up with some situational scheme plays built around his running ability like a QB scramble on 3rd and 1s and goal-line plays

Thread Information