Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft Updated as of 1/1/12: Rounds 1-5 from drafttek.com

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    WR and RB is only a need if both Mendenhall and Wallace is gone. They might be (most likely), but they might also be back.

I just don't understand why you don't think NT is a need. McClendon is not a run-stopping NT who open holes for the LBs. He can rush the QB and thats about it. When Hampton played well this season (towards the end of the season), the whole defense played well. We have no one behind him, and you cannot expect him to play anywhere near a high level next year.
    yes, i think mendy and wallace will be gone... its a forgone conclusion.

pressure, takeaways, spash plays.... that's what you need on defense today. im not wasting high end draft picks on gap controlling dline... how's that working out with Hood and Heyward? We have 2, young, later round NT prospects. I liked Fangupo a lot in his draft, I'm glad we snagged him. Let those 2 fight for a job in camp before we spend another high pick on a space eater.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    Oh yeah and I don't think RB is that much of a need besides a change of pace back ... I think Dwyer will be more than fine ... treat him just like a rookie , his Age is like he is a rookie ... yes the 1st couple season he came in out of a shape and stuff but he was only 20 I think when they drafted him, so he was immature and knew he wasn't really going to get any PT ... this season he took Offseason a little more seriously and he showed some things, now this offseason he knows the starting job is his, he's more mature , and will take Offseason even more serious and be in even better shape
    i like dwyer as much as anyone... but im realistic about his ceiling. he's not going to be a back who changes the game. we don't have a pass catcher, 3rd down back. we don't have a hurry up offense back. we have a solid 1st half back, and a short yardage back in Redman. RB is asbolutely a need.

It's a 2 back league now. it's not a good draft to need a rb... we should've grabbed someone last year (Lemichael James... doh doh doh!!!)

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    i like dwyer as much as anyone... but im realistic about his ceiling. he's not going to be a back who changes the game. we don't have a pass catcher, 3rd down back. we don't have a hurry up offense back. we have a solid 1st half back, and a short yardage back in Redman. RB is asbolutely a need.

It's a 2 back league now. it's not a good draft to need a rb... we should've grabbed someone last year (Lemichael James... doh doh doh!!!)
    I really like Kenjon Barner if he's there in the 4th ... and Zac Stacey or DJ Harper later on ... I think all 3 would be great compliments to Dwyer

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    I really like Kenjon Barner if he's there in the 4th ... and Zac Stacey or DJ Harper later on ... I think all 3 would be great compliments to Dwyer
    im a big fan of barner and franklin (as 3rd/4th round guys)

Lacy played himself out of our range (unless we used our 1st on him)

but i'm seriously considering lattimore in the 2nd

my position on RBs has been moving a lot since the end of the reg season, bowl games... and i expect it will continue to move more towards investing a 2nd rounder in the position.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    A second rounder? Hmmm.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    im a big fan of barner and franklin (as 3rd/4th round guys)

Lacy played himself out of our range (unless we used our 1st on him)

but i'm seriously considering lattimore in the 2nd

my position on RBs has been moving a lot since the end of the reg season, bowl games... and i expect it will continue to move more towards investing a 2nd rounder in the position.

I agree on one of your other posts about NT, not only do i think Mclendon will do fine, i think NT is a plug and play spot too anymore...

However, i think Lacy could still go middle of the 2nd. He played really well but when i look at the other teams in the NFL that pick after our 1st RD pick, i see other dire problems on them.

The only team i see possibly picking him up in the 1st round is ATL since TE and RB are big needs for them with Turner (on the decline) and Gonzalez (about to retire). But if ATL don't pick him up i see a very real chance of him falling to us.

Not saying that he will but its a decent possibility. The combine will give us a better feel for where hell be.

Marcus Lattimore in the 2nd... That could be the most brilliant idea, or the worst. It all depends on if he comes back healthy and the same RB as he was b4 or if he just continues to be injury prone. Are you willing to gamble a 2nd RD pick on that.

I just dont know. I mean McGahee came back and was a solid RB for yrs after his knee injury in the NatChamp game against OSU, so Lattimore could too.. but i just dk about giving up a 2nd. He is a special RB tho.

Would anybody take a chance on Montee Ball in the 3rd?

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Disagree.

A dominant nose tackle gets the push up the middle on passing downs, which stop QB's like Flacco from stepping up which forces them to move toward either Woodley or Harrison on the edges. Jonathan Jenkins of Georgia would fit the bill perfectly. We need to start being the Steelers again. We need to become dominant on the line like we used to be.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Montee Ball in Round 3 is a yes. As for Lattimore.....round 4 would be my gamble on him.

What about this guy....Christine Michael...don't know much about him but the write up looks good.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...istine-michael

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Disagree.

A dominant nose tackle gets the push up the middle on passing downs, which stop QB's like Flacco from stepping up which forces them to move toward either Woodley or Harrison on the edges. Jonathan Jenkins of Georgia would fit the bill perfectly. We need to start being the Steelers again. We need to become dominant on the line like we used to be.
    uh... most NT's come of the field in passing situations. what steelers have you been watching? a dominant NT requires 2 olinemen to account for him, creating more 1 on 1 situations for the rest of the front 7.

are you trying to set a record for being wrong?

Thread Information