Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft Updated as of 1/1/12: Rounds 1-5 from drafttek.com

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    He was hot coming out of high school. Then he was barely known nationally before this season. You guys just regurgitate what you hear on ESPN. Again, he's not a bad player, but he isn't special either.
    I hardly even watch ESPN anymore...lol I'm also a Notre Dame hater but I do love Te'o.......One bad game should erase his total body of work at Notre Dame.....The kid is one hell of a football player......

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Black@gold,

What "body of work" are you referring too?? He was just "a guy" before this season. That's my whole point...he comes out of the blue this season and all of a sudden they say he's been a stud all along???

I watched him last season against USC and didn't think anything of him. He was just a player.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Mock Draft Updated as of 1/1/12: Rounds 1-5 from drafttek.com

Black@gold,

What "body of work" are you referring too?? He was just "a guy" before this season. That's my whole point...he comes out of the blue this season and all of a sudden they say he's been a stud all along???

I watched him last season against USC and didn't think anything of him. He was just a player.
    This is just not true! Many were surprised that he did not come out last year, where most considered him a lock in the first round. It would be foolish to disregard that. You might not like him, but try to at least have a grain of truth to the claims
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Black@gold,

You have your opinion of him and that is fine.....I was very impressed with Te'o the past two years watching him and I watched more then just a couple of games......As a Notre Dame hater I usually bet against Notre Dame so I do watch most of Notre Dame's games........

Assistant Coach
    Black@gold,

You are completely clueless if you think Te'o came out of the blue. Stop having such strong opinions about stuff you clearly know nothing about.
    Return of the Banana

Black@gold,

You just love talking out of your *** don't you. Statements like these are exactly why people often don't take you seriously. And when someone disagrees with you, even though they provide evidence and speak with actual facts while you spew opinion as fact, they are stupid and regurgitate ESPN ****. He was a 1st round pick last year and surprised everyone when he went back to ND. He had more tackles the last two years than this year, more tackles for loss the last two years, and more sacks last year. This year Te'o just proved that not only can he be a tackling machine, he can also be a threat in pass coverage. He had 7 INTs this season alone, along with 11 passes deflected, 5 more than the last two years combined. He's been "hyped" this year because of his added growth and development into not only a stout run defender and tackler, but a turnover machine and game changer.

Those of us who actually pay attention to future NFL prospects in college have known about Te'o's high play for years. The fact that he's getting more media coverage this year than previous years actually makes it seem like you're the one who's going off of what ESPN spews since you clearly didn't know what a stud he has been the last couple of years until he started getting more attention. You're the one spewing ignorance and opinion as fact.

"I watched him last season against USC and didn't think anything of him"... Opinion. And that's ignoring the fact that it was just one game.

I guess Peyton Manning is a horrible, benchwarmer QB in your eyes since he played a terrible game in Atlanta week 2 this season.
    Last edited by Big T; 01-10-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    You just love talking out of your *** don't you. Statements like these are exactly why people often don't take you seriously. And when someone disagrees with you, even though they provide evidence and speak with actual facts while you spew opinion as fact, they are stupid and regurgitate ESPN ****. He was a 1st round pick last year and surprised everyone when he went back to ND. He had more tackles the last two years than this year, more tackles for loss the last two years, and more sacks last year. This year Te'o just proved that not only can he be a tackling machine, he can also be a threat in pass coverage. He had 7 INTs this season alone, along with 11 passes deflected, 5 more than the last two years combined. He's been "hyped" this year because of his added growth and development into not only a stout run defender and tackler, but a turnover machine and game changer.

Those of us who actually pay attention to future NFL prospects in college have known about Te'o's high play for years. The fact that he's getting more media coverage this year than previous years actually makes it seem like you're the one who's going off of what ESPN spews since you clearly didn't know what a stud he has been the last couple of years until he started getting more attention. You're the one spewing ignorance and opinion as fact.

"I watched him last season against USC and didn't think anything of him"... Opinion. And that's ignoring the fact that it was just one game.

I guess Peyton Manning is a horrible, benchwarmer QB in your eyes since he played a terrible game in Atlanta week 2 this season.
    OWNED
    Return of the Banana

Watch out, he might go to Blitz about you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    This is just not true! Many were surprised that he did not come out last year, where most considered him a lock in the first round. It would be foolish to disregard that. You might not like him, but try to at least have a grain of truth to the claims
    I don't know the guy so I don't dislike him..or like him. From my observation, he was just "a guy" last season. He did not stand out last year, and he didn't stand out to me this year. He just rode the "We want Notre Dame to be rellavant again" band wagon to get noticed. And I heard NO ONE mentioning him as a first round player last season. I'm being as truthful about this as I can...THERE WAS NO MENTION OF TEO last season by anything that I read or watched.

I don't see a great body of work. I see a guy who just rode the crest of the "we want Notre Dame to be rellevant again" tide.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post

Big T, relax dude.

First..your still smarting from losing the "Mendenhall is great" debate and losing the " Mike Wallace is great" debate to me also. Get over it.

Second..you and Neilpatrickbanana seem to feel that Teo is all that. Okay..that's fine. And you two say that Teo was well respected LAST season as well. I hate to inform you both but I do keep up with college football. Especially at the LB position because I was salivating over Luke Kuechly who got drafted by the Panthers and Kuechly was the Nagursky award winner along with the Butkus award winner for best linebacker in football. And I don't recall Teo being a finalist for that award..because he wasn't.

Looking at the last 5 Nagurski winners, none of them..none of them (Dorsey, Orakpo, Suh, Bowers or Kuechly)...got dominated like Teo did. Even in games that they lost, it wasn't because of their individual play. And that's my whole point that you guys seem to be missing. When he went up against equal talent, he was eviscerated.

And I'm not concerned with weather you "take me seriously or not" Who cares??? I've proven my points in the debates because my opinions always bear out to the actions of the teams and the organizations that I'm referring to. THAT...proves my credibility..not just what you guys think is right or wrong.

Teo may well be a good player. But to me, he has a red flag. Because the two most talented teams he's played were USC and Alabama. And he wasn't significant in last year's USC game, he wasn't significant in this year's USC game. And he wasn't significant against Alabama (and I'm being kind in saying that). That's my thought on that. Time will ultimately tell won't it?

Just like time told you about Mendenhall..and time told you about Wallace. And what time told you about those two is just what I said about them in the beginning. Peace.

Thread Information