Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 237

Thread: Mock Draft Updated as of 1/1/12: Rounds 1-5 from drafttek.com

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #141
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ban City
    Posts
    5,173
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    If they would move to a 4-3 I want Gerald Hodges in the 3rd

    Timmons , Teo , Hodges .... I can dig that
    I can dig it too
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

  2. #142
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,324
    I do not understand the notion that Teo should be better suited for a 4-3. In my book, all his skillset screams 3-4. And he screams Steelers even more. He can basically do all we ask our ILBs to do, and he can do it well. That is not to say that he can't play in a 4-3 though. I just believe that he will thrive in a 3-4 based defense.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  3. #143
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,341
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Tarlsqtr, everyone on this board KNOWS your a "fake tough guy". Your always looking to pick a fight. You've got issues dude. It won't be long before your banned.
    LOL You call me a "fake tough guy" and then go on an internet odyssey to get me banned? That is called "projection." (Get the dictionary out from under your couch leg to find out what that means.)

    And "everyone knows it?" Well, you are the only one who has said it and has (gasp!) threatened to alert the authorities...

    Notre Dame's schedule was as weak as ice cream setting in the desert this year. They jobbed Stanford on a TD that wasn't, and they beat a below average USC and an average Oklahoma team. That's not an opinion, that's fact buddy.
    While you are at it, look up the definition of "fact." Fact-Stanford-Ranked 7, Oklahoma 15, Michigan 24, USC BCS-31, are "real" teams. What you gave is pure, unsubstantiated opinion.

    As far as the Stanford game, would Eastern Kentucky University have been close enough to "job" Stanford?" What about Akron? No, because they are not "real" teams. ND played close enough to an elite team to have a call go their way. Your own argument supports my position and undermines yours.

    Thus, people like Teo, are vastly overrated. I'm not saying that he's a bad player, he's just not as good as they've hyped up and he DAMN sure isn't worth those awards he's been given. Luckily for us, some other foolish team, who believes hype like you do will take him ahead of us therefore keeping us from making a huge mistake.
    Typical sophomoric reasoning. Everyone else just bought the hype (including college coaches, NFL scouts, and others that make a living evaluating talent), but YOU know the real story. LOL And, yes, you did say he was a "bad" player. The word you used is "fraud" and you are now attempting to walk back your statements to a more supportable one. Don't trip on that stool during your backpedal.

    But...........if he did slide down to us at # 17, that would be further proof that he's not all that he's been hyped up to be. But the facts are what they are..............He played a team with equal amount of talent, and he was nudered and a non-factor.
    LOL So, if he goes early it shows you are right (they bought the hype) and if he does drop it shows you are right. Win/win!

    Von Miller was dominant against all he played and he earned his selection in the first round. Teo was ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED! No real first round pick gets absolutely destroyed when going man on man. Teo got the love and the hype because the old heads wanted Notre Dame to be back...but it was all hype. He's an "okay" player.
    Blah, blah, blah. Von Miller never had one bad game in pee wee, high school, college, or the pros. Sure... I suppose that game where Thunder Dan Kreider was pancaking future HOFer Ray Lewis play after play did not really happen because it NEVER happens to the great ones.

    And your obviously a person who bases their opinions on what others say. You believe whatever ESPN tells you to believe. Sad that your not more intelligent...but you have a big mouth that I"ll have shut if you don't watch it.
    Right, me and everyone who told you are wrong after your post just parrot ESPN while YOU know the truth. Do you realize how juvenile that makes you sound?

    And again, I am the "fake tough guy?" Please do so. Come here and "shut" my mouth or cry to the moderator, which is more your style anyway.

    You can state your opinions without the personal insults, but if you can't restrain yourself, I'll have a conversation with Blitz about your overall behavior in this forum. There are a few of us who have grown tired of your act. Respect your fellow posters..you don't have to agree with them, but you do have to respect them. Peace.
    Please do so. Make sure you spell my name correctly. T-A-R-L-S-Q-T-R
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  4. #144
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ease up there slick. you can have your own opinion all you want on this board and you can debate until your hearts content. I don't care if it gets heated or borderline ridiculous at times but lets keep things at least semi kosher and any personal attacks out of it shall we? We don't ask for much around here, even if you don't agree with a poster for any reason, other than keeping personal attacks off the board.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 01-10-2013 at 02:00 AM.

  5. #145
    Draft Pick USMC607's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Posts
    493
    ...The Usual awkward silence after a big argument/fight...

  6. #146
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,616
    He got his hand slapped!...just like I told him he would if he didn't cool his heels from all the personal insults he's been hurling at different people.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  7. #147
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,616
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I do not understand the notion that Teo should be better suited for a 4-3. In my book, all his skillset screams 3-4. And he screams Steelers even more. He can basically do all we ask our ILBs to do, and he can do it well. That is not to say that he can't play in a 4-3 though. I just believe that he will thrive in a 3-4 based defense.
    I hope like hell someone else drinks the Teo koolaid and keeps our poor talent evaluating front office from making a grand mistake in the first round.

    I don't understand the love for this guy. He isn't particularly fast, and faced with equal talent (which is all the NFL is) he isn't the supposed disruptive force people claim. We saw that against Alabama. He was stone walled the ENTIRE game.

    I understand about a guy being stymied at times, but he was personally dominated for an entire game in an alarming fashion for a guy who was supposed to be sooo good. That screams overrated to me.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  8. #148
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,616
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Ease up there slick. you can have your own opinion all you want on this board and you can debate until your hearts content. I don't care if it gets heated or borderline ridiculous at times but lets keep things at least semi kosher and any personal attacks out of it shall we? We don't ask for much around here, even if you don't agree with a poster for any reason, other than keeping personal attacks off the board.
    God has spoketh.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  9. #149
    Assistant Coach steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    He got his hand slapped!...just like I told him he would if he didn't cool his heels from all the personal insults he's been hurling at different people.
    Says the guy who went to Sandusky and 10 year old boy jokes. Classy.

  10. #150
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ban City
    Posts
    5,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I hope like hell someone else drinks the Teo koolaid and keeps our poor talent evaluating front office from making a grand mistake in the first round.
    oh jeez... both the "I'm an idiot so I think everyone else drinks kool aid" comment... AND, the presumption that your more intelligent than our front office...

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I don't understand the love for this guy. He isn't particularly fast, and faced with equal talent (which is all the NFL is) he isn't the supposed disruptive force people claim. We saw that against Alabama. He was stone walled the ENTIRE game.
    No one here is surprised that you don't understand it. You'd have to know something about football, instead you watched 1 game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I understand about a guy being stymied at times, but he was personally dominated for an entire game in an alarming fashion for a guy who was supposed to be sooo good. That screams overrated to me.
    You don't understand football. Let me explain. Te'o is an elite LBer in terms of his strengths (i'll get into why this makes him a better 4-3 backer, than a 3-4 backer in another post) which are pursuit, read and reach, side line to side line play. A great coach (Saban), when facing a "gamechanger" on defense, will coordinate the offense to the opponents weaknesses. A lot of people "think" you stay away from the best defenders (don't throw to revis side, dont run to aaron's gap, etc), but the truth is you can expose your opponent, if playing away from them highlights their strength. Playing away from a pursuit Lber, plays to his strength.

    Saban geared the entire offense so that it wouldn't allow Te'o to play to his strengths. That alone tells you how good he is. The Alabama offensive gameplan was geared almost entirely around not letting Te'o do his thing (rooam, react, attack, pursuit).

    This doesn't make up for the **** poor plays Te'o failed to make (Lacy 20 yd TD run stands out). But the point needs to be made that Alabama game planned specifically for Te'o, and that means something. the Tide rolled right at Te'o and put blocking schemes in place that accounted for him on every play. The rest of the Notre Dame front is pretty weak, and Alabama could dominate them 1 on 1 across the board, Te'o was there only focus and they pulled Beatly Guards into his gaps all night, and they left the outside completely empty... they didn't run there, they didn't block there, they didn't care... they schemed for the best player on the field (Te'o)

    What talent evaluators should come away from the Alabama game understanding most importantly, is that Te'o needs to bulk up a bit, and his technique in terms of hand placement and leverage needs to be coached up so that he can disengage from NFL caliber Olinemen (Warmack, Fluker). I don't think they will be questioning his tackling ability. Even though he **** the bed on a handful of plays he should have made... there is still plenty of tape that shows his ability.

    None of Alabama tape does anything to change the fact that Te'o has elite level skills in areas that are the most highly coveted for the LBer position at the NFL level. Did it hurt his draft stock? Maybe a bit. He may have went from a surefire top 10 pick, to a top 20 pick. At worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 09:27 AM
  2. Updated Mock draft Rounds 1-5: From drafttek.com
    By mcfly06 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-01-2013, 06:53 PM
  3. Cricker24's Steelers Mock Draft - All 7 Rounds
    By Cricker24 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 07:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 11:29 AM
  5. Mock draft updated jan 18
    By K Train in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 12:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •