Thread: Mock Draft Updated as of 1/1/12: Rounds 1-5 from drafttek.com

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook

Mock Draft Updated as of 1/1/12: Rounds 1-5 from drafttek.com

Round 1; 17th pick: Chance Warmack; OG, Alabama: 6'3-320. Also could be on the board when we pick here, Eric Reed Safety from LSU, Eric Fisher OT from Central Michigan, Kenny Vaccaro from Texas, Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State.

Round 2; 47th pick: Matt Elam; Safety, Florida(check him out tonight in the sugar bowl against Lousiville): 5'10-206. Others that can be on the board when we pick Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford, Phillip Thomas Safety Fresno State, Nico Johnson Linebacker Bama, Kevin Minter Linebacker LSU, William Gholston DE Michigan State.

Round 3; 79th pick: Eddie Lacy; RB, Alabama: 5'10-220. Also could be on the board here Monte Ball RB Wisconsin, Mike Gillislee RB Florida, Bacarri Rambo Safety Georgia they have him going a few picks before this but we can get him here or 2nd round maybe if we dont take Elam.

Round 4; 111th pick: Leon McFadden CB, San Diego State: 5'10-190. Dont know too much about him yet, but we could also take Micha Hyde CB Iowa, Johnny Adam CB Michigan State.

Round 5; 143rd pick: D.J. Swearinger Safety, South Carolina: 5'10-208 ( Love this pick! really hope we could get him, if we get him and Elam that would be awesome for our safety help!!! But we could also take Brian Winters OT Kent State, Devin Taylor OLB South Carolina, Jenlani Jenkins LB Florida..

I agree with all these picks i would be happy with the first 5 rounds maybe round 6 go with a QB?

I could honestly see Elam being gone before we pick in the second. The safety class is not all that impressive this year (imo), so teams will likely take a chance on him earlier because he is one of the few "sure-fire" safety picks. It will depend largely on the combine and proday though. I would not be against either Elam or Rambo for that matter; Rambo is still one of the most exciting safety prospects, if he can stay out of trouble.

I still don't like o-line in the first. I don't like it at all. This draft gives us very little passrush which was the downfall of the defense this season. Providing we can resign Keenan Lewis we won't need CBs either as far as I'm concerned. A stud LB is probably the biggest need on this team right now (both outside and inside), and it is not addressed at all, which is a huge issue to me.

I like RB in the third all right, however I'm unsure if you want to get more middle-round bodies in an already poorly talented pool of players.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information