Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Haley Haters

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Ironically enough, that would be the Bruce Arians offense. . .Funny, Arians' system last year with the Steelers was the best in the NFL between the 10's, but the friggin guy couldn't call a meaningful play in down and goal territory. What the Steelers need, and this will come from Haley, is a mix of Arians down the field playbook and Haley's own posession playbook.
    Arians was told to run the ball. He did. Too predictable on 1st down in the red zone with the run.

But that's what ownership wanted. Arians was a good soldier. Just like Haley is now.

EVERYTHING we do on offense, is to help preserve the defense.

That has to change.

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    To be fair, Paulson actually had a fairly decent season everything compared.
    I sure wish the Steelers kept Saunders in lieu of Paulson. As long Saunders stays out of trouble, which he likely will, will be a b*tch to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Arians was told to run the ball. He did. Too predictable on 1st down in the red zone with the run.

But that's what ownership wanted. Arians was a good soldier. Just like Haley is now.

EVERYTHING we do on offense, is to help preserve the defense.

That has to change.
    I agree with that. Only flaw in Arians' system was it was not designed to hold a lead and eat up clock.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    I agree with that. Only flaw in Arians' system was it was not designed to hold a lead and eat up clock.
    Wrong answer. The flaw was actually the defense going back on the field, and giving up the lead RIGHT AFTER the offense would give it to them.

You can't hold the ball for 15 minutes. At some point the defense MUST go on the field and make plays.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    this thread is still open *rolls eyes*
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Draft Pick
    I think I've said this before: If Arians' offense was better in the red zone, then regardless of philosophy differences the Steelers would have had a very hard time getting rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Wrong answer. The flaw was actually the defense going back on the field, and giving up the lead RIGHT AFTER the offense would give it to them.

You can't hold the ball for 15 minutes. At some point the defense MUST go on the field and make plays.
    We beat arians in 2002 against the browns in the playoffs, they had a 17 point lead or more and arians kept on passing, steelers win...

Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    I think I've said this before: If Arians' offense was better in the red zone, then regardless of philosophy differences the Steelers would have had a very hard time getting rid of him.
    true

Banned
    We beat arians in 2002 against the browns in the playoffs, they had a 17 point lead or more and arians kept on passing, steelers win.
    They couldn't run, they tried to run, couldn't.

Northcutt dropped a pass, only reason we took the lead.

I think Arians did well enough as our OC to make up for that though. If anything the fact that he was the OC for a FOUR YEAR OLD TEAM that made the playoffs only gives him more credit.

Haley Haters

BA blew that game, he was way too pass happy. He should of been running to clock it!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information