Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 189

Thread: Haley Haters

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Ironically enough, that would be the Bruce Arians offense. . .Funny, Arians' system last year with the Steelers was the best in the NFL between the 10's, but the friggin guy couldn't call a meaningful play in down and goal territory. What the Steelers need, and this will come from Haley, is a mix of Arians down the field playbook and Haley's own posession playbook.
    Arians was told to run the ball. He did. Too predictable on 1st down in the red zone with the run.

    But that's what ownership wanted. Arians was a good soldier. Just like Haley is now.

    EVERYTHING we do on offense, is to help preserve the defense.

    That has to change.

  2. #82
    Starter Goodfrom55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    To be fair, Paulson actually had a fairly decent season everything compared.
    I sure wish the Steelers kept Saunders in lieu of Paulson. As long Saunders stays out of trouble, which he likely will, will be a b*tch to defend.

  3. #83
    Starter Goodfrom55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Arians was told to run the ball. He did. Too predictable on 1st down in the red zone with the run.

    But that's what ownership wanted. Arians was a good soldier. Just like Haley is now.

    EVERYTHING we do on offense, is to help preserve the defense.

    That has to change.
    I agree with that. Only flaw in Arians' system was it was not designed to hold a lead and eat up clock.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    I agree with that. Only flaw in Arians' system was it was not designed to hold a lead and eat up clock.
    Wrong answer. The flaw was actually the defense going back on the field, and giving up the lead RIGHT AFTER the offense would give it to them.

    You can't hold the ball for 15 minutes. At some point the defense MUST go on the field and make plays.

  5. #85
    @CoachZach_ Zachintosh66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Toledo, Oh
    Posts
    6,993
    My Mood
    Addicted

    My Social Networks

    Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    this thread is still open *rolls eyes*
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

    2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)


    [ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

  6. #86
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    424
    I think I've said this before: If Arians' offense was better in the red zone, then regardless of philosophy differences the Steelers would have had a very hard time getting rid of him.

  7. #87
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Wrong answer. The flaw was actually the defense going back on the field, and giving up the lead RIGHT AFTER the offense would give it to them.

    You can't hold the ball for 15 minutes. At some point the defense MUST go on the field and make plays.
    We beat arians in 2002 against the browns in the playoffs, they had a 17 point lead or more and arians kept on passing, steelers win...

  8. #88
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    I think I've said this before: If Arians' offense was better in the red zone, then regardless of philosophy differences the Steelers would have had a very hard time getting rid of him.
    true

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    We beat arians in 2002 against the browns in the playoffs, they had a 17 point lead or more and arians kept on passing, steelers win.
    They couldn't run, they tried to run, couldn't.

    Northcutt dropped a pass, only reason we took the lead.

    I think Arians did well enough as our OC to make up for that though. If anything the fact that he was the OC for a FOUR YEAR OLD TEAM that made the playoffs only gives him more credit.

  10. #90
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,388

    Haley Haters

    BA blew that game, he was way too pass happy. He should of been running to clock it!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. For all u haters
    By StlersGuy in forum Steelers Pictures, Videos, & Songs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 04:56 PM
  2. For all the haters
    By chisteeler in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 11:37 AM
  3. To all Colon haters....
    By Dude487 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 01:17 PM
  4. Haters at work
    By 0311grunt4ever in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 12:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •