Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some of the Free Agents rumored to be looked at by the STEELERS, By Bleacher Reports.

Bookmark and Share

Some of the Free Agents rumored to be looked at by the STEELERS, By Bleacher Reports.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...-agency/page/1

RANDY FREAKING MOSS, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
    Antonio Cromartie, hmmmmmm.
    Jared Gaither, Now wouldn't that be a kick in the Raven's big ***. HEHEHE

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Every year there are rumors that the Steelers are targeting this high profile free agent or that one and it never pans out. The Steelers have not, nor will they go out and spend 10's of millions of dollars on big name free agents. They build through the draft and they fill in the holes with middle tier players available on the market. Occasionally they will bring a guy like Ryan Clark or James Farrior, but they hardly over pay for them. They will find the guys that fit their system and pay fair market value. Then if that player pans out like those 2 guys did they are more than willing to open the checkbook to keep them.

There is no way the Steelers will bring in Randy Moss, period. Cromartie is a decent talent but he talks too much and clearly his antics last year with the media will be his downfall as far as the Steelers are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Every year there are rumors that the Steelers are targeting this high profile free agent or that one and it never pans out. The Steelers have not, nor will they go out and spend 10's of millions of dollars on big name free agents. They build through the draft and they fill in the holes with middle tier players available on the market. Occasionally they will bring a guy like Ryan Clark or James Farrior, but they hardly over pay for them. They will find the guys that fit their system and pay fair market value. Then if that player pans out like those 2 guys did they are more than willing to open the checkbook to keep them.

There is no way the Steelers will bring in Randy Moss, period. Cromartie is a decent talent but he talks too much and clearly his antics last year with the media will be his downfall as far as the Steelers are concerned.
    Yeah, I have a feeling that the Steelers won't be making any splashes if free agency. Too many big name Steelers need new contracts this year or next. That said, if the Steelers are considering the FAs on Bleacher Report, here are my thoughts:

1) Randy Moss - Absolutely not. The guy have proven to be an overpaid cancer. With The emergence of Wallace, Sanders and Brown, I don't think the Steelers need to invest in a free agent WR. I would rather have ARE for another year.
    2) Kevin Boss - Actually a somewhat intriguing potential acquisition. Like the article suggests, could you imagine having Heath Miller and Kevin Boss on the field at the same time with Mendenhall in the backfield? That could be a very dangerous offense in short yardage situations.
    3) Jared Gaither - I would really like this. I believe Gaither is a quality LT and Starks could slide over to RT. There would be no need for Colon (doesn't want to play guard, supposedly) or Adams at that point, so the money could be there to do this.
    4) Carlos Rogers - I'm 50/50 on this one. He'd be affordable and I've seen him have some good games; however, I think he may be like Bryant McFadden 2.0. We know what he is capable of, but can he actually deliver? I would rather see the team go after a more proven free agent corner or a rookie in the first round.
    5) Antonio Cromartie - Again, I am split on this one. More than likely, Cromartie would solve this team's corner problem. Unfortunately, he is a talker and he is going to command some money on the market. I don't think the Steelers will be willing to throw enough money at him to lure him to the 'burgh.
    6) Matt Prater - Meh, he's a kicker. I am also a bit hesitant about Denver kickers because eight games per year are in Mile High Stadium.
    7) Ryan Longwell - Can a dome kicker carry that success over into the mud hole called Heinz Field?

My Mood
    Chatty
    Moss and Cromartie....BIG FAT NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    id take a looksy at Jared, Kevin or Carlos...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    7) Ryan Longwell - Can a dome kicker carry that success over into the mud hole called Heinz Field?
    actually, before playing for the Vikings, Longwell played for the Packers and was very successful. I'm not saying the Steelers will sign him, but he does have experience kicking outdoors and in bad weather.

Jaried from B-More YES, Boss from NYG YES and Rogers from WASH..YES but forget the others. These moves would aloud for the Steelers fro focus on D-line in the 1st round this year

People saying no to Cromartie are being ridiculous. He would be a great addition to the worst part of the team. Sure he isn't the smartest guy out there, and he has a mouth, but he is a tall, fast, talented Man corner that would definitely improve the secondary. Plus he's never really played under a coaching staff as disciplined as Tomlin and LeBeau.

I'd like to see Cromartie in a steelers jersey, but obviously that's just me.

Starter
    i agree, cromartie would be a great fit .. back when SD had a pass-rush was when he was at his best ..

My Mood
    Fight
    Cro wasn't a loud mouth in SD, I think he just took on the coach and teams personallity in NY. I'll take his talent here anyday, I wanted him coming out of FSU.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Thread Information