Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Haley Haters

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I was listening to Clark Judge on CBSsports.com and he said that he knows personally that Ben and Haley have a rif between them. But he also said that he sides with Haley because all Haley is trying to do is get the ball out of Ben's hands as fast as possible to cut down on the injuries to Ben.

He also said that Haley has harped on Ben to throw the ball away after he checks down to the third read. It's hard for me to hate Haley for wanting to keep Ben upright.

I think Ben does have to change the way he plays as he gets older. He needs to learn to throw the timing passes more. He can't keep taking the punishment he's taken the last two years much longer.

Ben needs to come to camp, COMMIT TO THE PLAYBOOK AND HOW THE PLAY IS INITIALLY DESIGNED and execute. Everyone will follow his lead if he does that.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    This season, Ben Roethlisberger threw 26 TD passes in 12-and-a-half games. That's five TD passes more than he threw in 15 games in 2011, nine TD passes more than he threw in 12 games in 2010, an identical number of TD passes that he threw in 15 games in 2009, and nine TD passes more than he threw in 16 games in 2008. Oh yeah, and if you divide 15 by 12-and-a-half (assuming Roethlisberger misses one game), and then multiply the quotient by 26, then you get a number that rounds to 31, which is one fewer TD pass than he threw in 15 games in 2007.

All I need to know about Bruce Arians is that the passing game was most productive during his first season as the offensive coordinator, and that Roethlisberger's career TD percentage declined from 5.8% at the end of the 2007 season to 5.0% at the end of the 2011 season. His TD percentage this season? 5.8%. And that's with a markedly inferior offensive line and running game compared to what he had during his first four seasons in the league. And I'm supposed to believe that Todd Haley's system isn't going to work?
    Pretty good argument being made right here.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Draft Pick
    Ben isn't a dink-and-dunk QB, and the Steelers WRs are not dink-and-dunk receivers. Trying to change Ben will not work, no matter how much Art II pouts. If the QB and OC can't get on the same page, one of them has to go, and no one cuts a franchise QB over an OC that hasn't won anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    ...Haley has harped on Ben to throw the ball away after he checks down to the third read.
    Well so much for Ben supposedly not going through his progressions. I better never again hear anybody make that claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Ben isn't a dink-and-dunk QB, and the Steelers WRs are not dink-and-dunk receivers. Trying to change Ben will not work, no matter how much Art II pouts. If the QB and OC can't get on the same page, one of them has to go, and no one cuts a franchise QB over an OC that hasn't won anything.
    Unfortunately, the offense has to be "dink and dunk" until the offensive line grows some balls. Once that happens, Haley's offense will reach its full potential, with enough short passes to keep Ben upright, and enough long passes to keep him happy.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I was listening to Clark Judge on CBSsports.com and he said that he knows personally that Ben and Haley have a rif between them. But he also said that he sides with Haley because all Haley is trying to do is get the ball out of Ben's hands as fast as possible to cut down on the injuries to Ben.

He also said that Haley has harped on Ben to throw the ball away after he checks down to the third read. It's hard for me to hate Haley for wanting to keep Ben upright.

I think Ben does have to change the way he plays as he gets older. He needs to learn to throw the timing passes more. He can't keep taking the punishment he's taken the last two years much longer.

Ben needs to come to camp, COMMIT TO THE PLAYBOOK AND HOW THE PLAY IS INITIALLY DESIGNED and execute. Everyone will follow his lead if he does that.
    That's the issue though.

Haley's play designs suck.

From the run game, as well as the passing game.

Ben threw short plenty with Arians.

The difference was Arians also took his shots down field.

Banned
    Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel
    ...Haley has harped on Ben to throw the ball away after he checks down to the third read.
    And the minute he starts doing this? Fans bitch for Charlie.

Banned
    Define rift though? If Haley wants to throw short, and Ben wants to throw down a tad more that's a rift, no?

Not a big deal though.

Ben and Haley went out to dinner prior to the Dallas game according to Dulac.

Funny how the national "experts" missed that one as well.

My Mood
    Addicted
    people who hate on haley need to hang themselves and their famillies.

can't believe this **** has gone on for 12 pages, so many ****ing stupid idiots in this world.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Waterboy
    I think it's easy to hate or dislike a lot of people who have been part of the Steelers' organization this year. Having said that, should he go? Why did he come in the first place? He has not accomplished much in his coaching career elsewhere-maybe folks here thought perhaps the air quality here would somehow improve his know-how
    Personally, Art II and Tomlin need to be elsewhere. That's why Dad came back from his Ireland duties, and that's why My fellow Pittsburghers should acknowledge that Tomlin took Cowher built teams to the Super bowl. What, if anything, has he brought to the Steelers other than jive players. "If you be one of hims boys, then you kin play. Know what I'm sayin'?!?!?"

Waterboy
    I wish Haley well, but my opinion of him is like having a Marty Schotenheimer around-wonderful man, but not a wonderful coach.

Thread Information