Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next season could be ugly...

Bookmark and Share

Angry Next season could be ugly...

From the sounds of it there is no way we are re-signing Wallace, a 26 year old, fastest wide out in the game a #1 or #2 WR
    Now it sounds like Lewis will not be coming back, just when he is starting to shape up as a good player. It sounds to me like we just can't afford to keep any young talent. So far i see no talk of improvement, just letting young talent go. We better have some big in the works for the draft (trading up for a good back or seriously fixing the 0-line once and for all AND if we don't get a back in the draft we need to sign one. The three we have now just are not good enough. Does anyone see any positives that could come this off season to give me any reason to believe we will be better than 8-8 next year.

How the hell did we get in this mess anyways? Signing brown is like the only smart thing we've done in the past 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
    From the sounds of it there is no way we are re-signing Wallace, a 26 year old, fastest wide out in the game a #1 or #2 WR
    Now it sounds like Lewis will not be coming back, just when he is starting to shape up as a good player. It sounds to me like we just can't afford to keep any young talent. So far it see no talk of improvement, just letting young talent go. We better have some big in the works for the draft (trading up for a good back or seriously fixing the 0-line once and for all AND if we don't get a back in the draft we need to sign one. The three we have now just are not good enough. Does anyone see any positives that could come this off season to give me any reason to believe we will be better than 8-8 next year.

How the hell did we get in this mess anyways? Signing brown is like the only smart thing we've done in the past 3 years.
    Thats because we dont play "young" talent. To see what they are capable of until there contract year. Pretty much.

Banned
    Held onto aging vets too long.

They can get one of them if they work on it, but no way do they get both.

Banned
    The ONLY way we are better than 8-8 is if we use our talent rather than handcuff it.

Between Wallce and Lewis, Id take Lewis, he'd probably cost less, and I think our offence could do with out Wallace. Brown Sanders, Burress and Miller are good enough for next season I guess. I just think it's real important we get a good back. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
    Between Wallce and Lewis, Id take Lewis, he'd probably cost less, and I think our offence could do with out Wallace. Brown Sanders, Burress and Miller are good enough for next season I guess. I just think it's real important we get a good back. *sigh*
    Yes, Im a Wallace guy, but if Lewis can play his career like he has shown the second half of this season, I think the better investment would be Lewis, you would be paying him good money, but not over the top money. We would have a good secondary and with Allen being very good as well. Wallace would be nice to sign for the offense. But I also feel good going into next year with Brown/Saunders/Cotchery/Miller when he comes back and I want them to resign Plax. If we sign Mike and Lewis which I doubt, then so be it.

2nd String
    A lot of over paid players = Salary Cap problems ... but like usual they'll find a way out of it
    Last edited by BlacknGold Bleeder; 01-02-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Another useful site......shows contracts and expiry dates

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    A lot of over paid players = Salary Cap problems ... but like usual they'll find a way out of it
    They started last year with the Vet purge, but maybe it should continue this year. Harrison, and Colon could be cap casualties. Troy, still has some in the tank, but if he goes through another injury plagued year next year, he might be in the consideration in 2014.

More than anythning, though, we need a really really good draft, with maybe a smart free agent pick up (like Farrior or Clark was.)

Next season could be ugly...

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Thats because we dont play "young" talent. To see what they are capable of until there contract year. Pretty much.
    This! By time they see any playing time their contracts are up! Pretty stupid but it's the Tomlin way! I hope this will open their eyes!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information