Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wisenhut and others available.

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I don't want Whis back in Pittsburgh. He and Ben had issues getting along and deciding on how the offense should be run in the first place. A firm hand is always needed when it comes to a coach but bringing back old blood usually doesn't work IMO.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I don't want Whis back in Pittsburgh. He and Ben had issues getting along and deciding on how the offense should be run in the first place. A firm hand is always needed when it comes to a coach but bringing back old blood usually doesn't work IMO.
    I agree. Plus..I didn't like Whis attitude afterward. He became a total traitor to the empire. He can stay out there and move to his next bad ballclub.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Veteran
    I don't think an OC change is warranted. But if Haley did move on for HC job, then I'd want Norv Turner here.

Banned
    By the way, You completely ignored the offensive line issue this whole time.
    You mean like last season? That didn't seem to help Arians did it?

Don't give the Pittsburgh guy the leeway Arians didn't get. As Coach Tomlin says "The standard is the standard".

If your going to say Ben saved Haley's as, you can pretty much say that Ben helped BA get his offensive co. job with the Colts also.
    Absolutely. Just like he helped Whiz get the Cards job. Just like he would help Haley if he gets a job now.

The thing with your argument is, all them 1st year guy you said that were great, they had one thing. A run game. Who did we have this year? 2 complimentary backs all season long behind a debacle of a line. Running backs who couldnt bounce the ball outside, that are in between the tackles running backs.
    They couldn't bounce it outside because we would often have 5 OLs, and 2 TE's, at the LOS blocking. There wasn't anywhere to go be because Haley's pea-brained scheme took it away from them.

You emphasize pass pass pass
    Um, no I don't. I emphasize less predictability, when you have 5 OLs, 2 TEs, 1 WR, 1 RB, a FB, and Ben on the field? It's not hard for a defense to realize that you are running the ball.

Haley's BS rotation of backs also killed him. The ONLY TIME the run game worked all year, was against Washington, Cincy, and New York. Why? Injuries forced Haley to stop rotating backs as much as he did.

We also led the NFL in last 2 minute points. Why? Because when we NEED a score? The rookie undrafted FB is off the field. The rookie 7th round no hoper tight end, is off the field. And the three WRs are, aka the PLAY-MAKERS are.

Haley's micromanagement of the run game and his insistence of giving clowns like Johnson and Paulson snaps hurt his offense more than defenses did. And it has to stop if he remains.

If it does not? Expect more of the same.

Assistant Coach
    i love this concoction. The interconnected simplicity is wildly entertaining.
    Return of the Banana

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    There might be more bad blood between Whiz and the Rooneys rather than Whiz and Ben.

Banned
    Ben got PO'd because after Whiz left, where as Ben took the blame for his play, Whiz blamed the motorcycle accident for Ben's 2006 season.

They apparently worked it out prior to XLIII in a sit down, and have golfed together since.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I still believe Haley will be back next season, but if he isn't then give me Norv Turner in a hot second. He may have failed as a head coach but with the right weapons on offense he could be a beast for us.

Thread Information