Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steeler Draft

Bookmark and Share
    Whoa Whoa Whoa, I hope if you plan on using the first pick on the defensive side of the ball you plan on signing a high quality running back like Deanglo Williams or SOMEBODY, IMO RB is the most important thing to fix this off season. I know there are a lot of other places that need patching up but I'd really like to see this offense start to put up 30 points again once in a while, we've been score 13-20 ppg all season it looks like that is a DEAD offence especially with all the talent we have.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    The major pass rush in a 3-4 has never come from the DE's. The problem with the lack of pressure is because Harrison/Woodley haven't been beating the OT's one on one. The Steelers need a stud OLB that can pressure the QB. The lack of turnovers can be directly linked to the lack of QB pressure. The yardage given up is overrated.

I hate Ziggy Hood. He gets shoved 4 or 5 yards up field all the time. Heyward and Kiesel should start. Rotate Al Woods at DE. Hood should be purely a 3rd down rusher/rotational DE.
    Last edited by tburg68; 01-01-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Draft Pick
    Fml ive never paid attention to the draft really or college that much lately and i dont know any of these people.. Ive been watching highlight s all fn day

There's very little chance of either falling to 17.
    I beleive we would have say that about DeCastro last year, or Mendenhall a few years back. But the question is should the Steelers draft a ILB in the 1st round. I would rather bring Foote back or give Spence a shot, and draft at some other position in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by greg1964 View Post
    I beleive we would have say that about DeCastro last year, or Mendenhall a few years back. But the question is should the Steelers draft a ILB in the 1st round. I would rather bring Foote back or give Spence a shot, and draft at some other position in the first round.
    Nice job quoting me without reading my other posts in this thread, so how about this?

I never even considered the possibility of DeCastro falling to us. Never considered it. Stranger things have happened (Randy Moss, Aaron Rodgers, Brady Quinn, Dez Bryant). No one ever expected them to fall to 21, 24, 22, 24 respectively.
    if Te'o is there I don't see how you can pass up on him unless, again, Jarvis Jones is there as well. After more thought, there's no way the Steelers can pass up on Jones of he's there. A relentless passrusher like Jones would be absolutely perfect in Pittsburgh. But with Te'o, he's going to be a stud LB in the league for years who will not only benefit from playing next to one of the best MLBs in the game, but will also take some pressure off Timmons and make him better in the process. Larry Foote is old and is a FA. He's not the answer. He played some decent football at times this season (particularly early) but he also played some putrid football. Spence on the other hand is a project player, even moreso nowafter his knee injury. Especially for a guy coming off a major knee injury who is undersized and relies on speed. Plus there's ZERO chance he plays the Buck which means you would have to move Timmons to Buck. Timmons is definitely capable of playing Buck but he's found his niche playing Mack and why fix what isn't broken? Te'o could come in and be the starting Buck from Day 1, and the defense would only be better, younger, and more athletic. Not to mention adding a vocal leader like Te'o would be beneficial. Obviously this would mean breaking their "special rule" about not starting rookies on defense, but with the talent Te'o is I think he'd force them to start him.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    After more thought, there's no way the Steelers can pass up on Jones of he's there.
    You hit the nail on the head with that one ... If Jarvis Jones falls there is absolutely no way you could pass him up for ANYONE...

Jones is the best player in the draft to me ...

but anyway be on the lookout for ILB Andrew Jackson from Western Kentucky if he comes out ... he could slid up into the 2nd round range if he declares ... would be perfect beside Timmons

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    You hit the nail on the head with that one ... If Jarvis Jones falls there is absolutely no way you could pass him up for ANYONE...

Jones is the best player in the draft to me ...

but anyway be on the lookout for ILB Andrew Jackson from Western Kentucky if he comes out ... he could slid up into the 2nd round range if he declares ... would be perfect beside Timmons

Go Hilltoppers!
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information