Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steeler Draft

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    I agree, however, Heyward and Hood both cost us recent #1 picks. We cannot continually waste those picks on guys who don't give us major contributions (and Hood and Heyward have not lived up to #1 billing.) That's some poor drafting.
    Heyward has played some damn good football when he's seen the field. That's the thing though, he hasn't seen it much. The Hood pick was terrible and still is, Heyward just needs to be on the field.

Steeler Draft

Cam is ready to start. Agreed ziggy is fn terrible!

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Burgher View Post
    I saw someone predicting that the ND inside linebacker would fall to the Steelers and we would pick him. Who knows but I wonder if that would be a wise choice with Sean Spence on the roster and our need at safety. If Vacarro is available I wonder it that would be a better choice.
    The one mock draft site i saw that seems pretty good, has us taking Vacarro at 17th which would be good!!

With a mid first round pick, what if the steelers traded their pick, plus other picks to move up in the draft? That's how they got Troy, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    With a mid first round pick, what if the steelers traded their pick, plus other picks to move up in the draft? That's how they got Troy, right?
    That's what I was saying. If Te'o and/or Jones were to fall out of the top 10, they definitely need to trade up. It wouldn't take too much.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Heyward has played some damn good football when he's seen the field. That's the thing though, he hasn't seen it much. The Hood pick was terrible and still is, Heyward just needs to be on the field.
    Heyward has been on the team 2 years now, and he still can't find the field as much as I'd like. He's going into year 3 of a 4 year contract. When is he going to get a chance? Hood is something like a 2.4 million cap hit next year. Maybe we should look to use that money for something else.

Heyward has been on the team 2 years now, and he still can't find the field as much as I'd like. He's going into year 3 of a 4 year contract. When is he going to get a chance? Hood is something like a 2.4 million cap hit next year. Maybe we should look to use that money for something else.
    Its not Heywards fault he has Keisel in front of him, The whole Steelers nation would go into panick mode if they started Heyward over Keisel. The it would be Tomlins fault.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    I'm a proponent of that if it nets us our impact defensive player. Could be costly, but as long as it doesn't take another #1 or #2 to make the deal, we should consider it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Its not Heywards fault he has Keisel in front of him, The whole Steelers nation would go into panick mode if they started Heyward over Keisel. The it would be Tomlins fault.
    Why would he have to start over Keisel? Couldn't he start over Hood? The two best guys should be out there.

Why would he have to start over Keisel? Couldn't he start over Hood? The two best guys should be out there.
    You'd have to ask Tomlin/DL. The same question I also ask is, why has McLendon been starting over Hampt?

Thread Information