Thread: Let's get DeAngelo Williams!

Bookmark and Share

Cool Let's get DeAngelo Williams!

I think we should start a fan movement to steal DeAngelo Williams from the Panthers. They definitely pissed him off this year with not playing like they should have, dude man doesn't fumble, he can catch out of the backfield as well as pass protect. He may be "old" but he doesn't have a lot of carries because he has split so much time with Stewart. Use him as a feature back with Dwyer/Rainey as change of pace guys, combine that with Ben Brown Heath and whatever other wrs we keep next season, lethal powered offense. Haley would make our team run circles around the others, even if we have every defensive player imaginable on IR. Not mention DeCastro will be back!

Let's debate this.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    There is a lot to like about Deangelo Williams. But until Rooney shows he's willing to use free agency, it may be a moot point. But Can you imagine if Deangelo Williams signs with Colts?? I could also see him signing with the Cardinals or Packers.

If Deangelo is smart, He goes with Packers or Colts and goes after that Super Bowl ring while he's still got some tread on his tires.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

You're completely right. Rooney's (and Colbert) never use the free agency unless it is to get back and old player that was at one point a Steeler. I do think Williams may have some possible better options, but you're talking about a team, in a town that is known for defense, running, and winning. I still can hope and dream we land someone like Williams who is undervalued and underrated.

I'd love to have deanglo williams, but I don't see it happening, like previously stated, we don't seem to use free agency unless its to sign someone who used to be a steeler, and we almost never make actual trades. I like the good ol' home grown feel, but we haven't grown a good running back in quite some time. Unfortunately our best shot at a good back is our #1 draft pick, there might me a steal left like the skins got with morris, wouldn't count on it though.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    He would take money. I would much rather get a good back in the draft, for instance if Lattimore falls enough. There has even been talk he could fall to the third round, a place where I would snatch him up in a minute.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Unless we dump some salary I can't see how we snag this guy. The problem with the RB situation is the whole committee approach. We need a feature ball carrier who gets 20 to 25 carries. Dwyer can be that guy but it drives me nuts seeing each guy get 8 or 9 carries.

We have too many holes that I can't see us taking a RB in the draft. There are always cheap options to be had at RB each offseason.

Didn't we try to fix our line and ST with last seasons draft, and he got a couple pussies? Yeah that's right. Draft a back.

Thread Information