Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: We now know our opponents for next year as well, interesting reading

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,616
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Which is what the Steelers have been doing, filling a "hole or two." (Cotch, Mewelde Moore, etc.) So, what's your point?
    Come on Tarlsqtr, your killing me dude. Cotch was a 3/4 WR. Mewelde Moore..come on.

    I'm talking about fixing a real area of need with free agency. Like a top notch cornerback. Like a legit safety.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  2. #22
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Come on Tarlsqtr, your killing me dude. Cotch was a 3/4 WR. Mewelde Moore..come on.

    I'm talking about fixing a real area of need with free agency. Like a top notch cornerback. Like a legit safety.
    Top notch corners command a king's ransom......The Steelers won't have the cap room to make such a move....They will be lucky to resign Keenan Lewis...........

  3. #23
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,616
    I hear ya. But that's what I'm saying..use free agency to address ONE major need of area. Just one..two at the most. Like I said, I"m not for hog wild spending in free agency but we should use it to address atleast ONE major area of concern.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ban City
    Posts
    5,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I hear ya. But that's what I'm saying..use free agency to address ONE major need of area. Just one..two at the most. Like I said, I"m not for hog wild spending in free agency but we should use it to address atleast ONE major area of concern.
    Keenan Lewis is a free agent. And he's a stud. Does re-signing him count?

  5. #25
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I hear ya. But that's what I'm saying..use free agency to address ONE major need of area. Just one..two at the most. Like I said, I"m not for hog wild spending in free agency but we should use it to address atleast ONE major area of concern.
    If the Steelers didn't have so much money tied up to their own aging defensive stars.........Troy, Harrison, Woodley, Ike........Woodley is still young but at this point I question his dedication.....Woodley comes into camp in terrible shape and even Keith Butler called him out for it.......

  6. #26
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Come on Tarlsqtr, your killing me dude. Cotch was a 3/4 WR. Mewelde Moore..come on.

    I'm talking about fixing a real area of need with free agency. Like a top notch cornerback. Like a legit safety.
    Which brings us back to the original point by B&G Forever, you need cap space to do that. The "top notch cornerbacks" make between $7-$11 million (base salaries). Safeties are above $5 million. You are back to fantasyland...
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ban City
    Posts
    5,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    If the Steelers didn't have so much money tied up to their own aging defensive stars.........Troy, Harrison, Woodley, Ike........Woodley is still young but at this point I question his dedication.....Woodley comes into camp in terrible shape and even Keith Butler called him out for it.......
    The Woodley contract was a huge mistake.

    Remember when we used to let players walk... We are paying the price of keeping this defense together for too long. We can't afford Mike Wallace because of it. And we could lose our best DB because of it (Lewis).

    Woodley, Harrison, Troy and Ike count 43 million against the cap... sure we will restructure, and push problems into the future... maybe cut Harrison. But still, we should not be in a position where over 30% of our cap is wrapped up in injury prone/aging players.

  8. #28
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,616
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Which brings us back to the original point by B&G Forever, you need cap space to do that. The "top notch cornerbacks" make between $7-$11 million (base salaries). Safeties are above $5 million. You are back to fantasyland...
    Not fantasy land my friend. Steelers could creatively do it if they wished. But it would have to be someone that filled a major need. Other the that, it wouldn't be worth it.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  9. #29
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Not fantasy land my friend. Steelers could creatively do it if they wished. But it would have to be someone that filled a major need. Other the that, it wouldn't be worth it.
    If they can do it, show me how they get $10 million for a "top notch CB" without creating another gaping hole somewhere else. It is easy to say, "they can do it", much more difficult to actually ACHIEVE the impossible.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ban City
    Posts
    5,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Not fantasy land my friend. Steelers could creatively do it if they wished. But it would have to be someone that filled a major need. Other the that, it wouldn't be worth it.
    nope, you're in fantasy land

    The Salary Cap is a real thing, with numbers and math. Check it out.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-17-2012, 08:18 PM
  2. Is Mike Wallace reading too many headlines of himself?
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 09:23 PM
  3. Should be interesting this year when we go to Arizona
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 01:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •