Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Bears just fired Lovie Smith.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Hate to say it but Flame looks to be absolutely correct.

I have no confidence in Colbert knowing what he's doing to make us better. None. He's a top end drafter to me. And with Rooney still stuck in the 1970's as far as not using free agency seriously? We are fu&ked.
    If free agency was the answer then the Redskins and Cowboys should have won multi Super Bowls the last 10+ years....lol You keep harping on free agency......The Steelers have no cap room....lol They will have to restructure a bunch of contracts and cut many of their own players just to get under the cap......

With the cap room they do create I'm sure they will look to keep some of their own free agents......

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I wouldn't mind them signing a Jeff Hartings or James Farrior type FA's like they did in years past but I don't see it happening......I would like to see them go after some top name coaches that were fired....Bring in Tony Sparano to coach the offensive line.....I would love to see Norv Turner brought in to be the OC but I don't see them dumping Haley.......

Boy....I'd be really happy with Norv as our OC. That vertical passing game he teaches fits our personnel perfectly.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    If free agency was the answer then the Redskins and Cowboys should have won multi Super Bowls the last 10+ years....lol
    Yeah, but those two great free agent additions from this past season, RGIII and Alfred Morris, have propelled them to the division championship for the first time since 1999. They are living proof that free-agency works.

What's that? They were not free-agents? Never mind...

The Steelers have no cap room....lol
    What is that? Is that reality calling? You are absolutely correct. We are not going to get A List free-agents to come here and play for a case of Chiclets.

Working the draft has kept us consistently in the conversation for being one of the best teams in the league. Making changes out of panic for a bad season is what bad teams do, not the Steelers.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Assistant Coach
    Boy....I'd be really happy with Norv as our OC. That vertical passing game he teaches fits our personnel perfectly.
    No it doesn't
    Return of the Banana

If you notice, I said use free agency a little bit. I"m not saying go all in. Just use it to address a hole or two. I don't believe in hog wild free agent spending. But used correctly, it is a useful tool.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    No it doesn't

Yes it does. It fits the personnel better then what Haley's offense is doing. That's my point. We have WR's that get it done vertically (I'm including Wallace in that assessment as of right now).

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    If you notice, I said use free agency a little bit. I"m not saying go all in. Just use it to address a hole or two. I don't believe in hog wild free agent spending. But used correctly, it is a useful tool.
    Which is what the Steelers have been doing, filling a "hole or two." (Cotch, Mewelde Moore, etc.) So, what's your point?
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Assistant Coach
    Yes it does. It fits the personnel better then what Haley's offense is doing. That's my point. We have WR's that get it done vertically (I'm including Wallace in that assessment as of right now).
    Well, Wallace will be gone. Regardless, his poor route running would be even more exposed in an Air Coryell offense. Antonio Brown is the classic quick strike West Coast offense WR. I don't think he'd be a bad fit in a vertical offense, but you still lack the necessary #1 you need to make that offense work. TE is a critical component, and as much as I love Heath, he is not the vertical threat TE you need to expose defenses. The Steelers are essentially missing the 2 most important components of a "norv turner" offense besides the QB (#1 wr and a vertical TE).

Speaking of QB...

Norv Turner's offense and Ben Roethlisberger would be a terrible mix. You really think Ben would be a good fit in a "timing and rhythm" offense? Throwing deep down the sidelines? I mean, these aren't exactly his strengths.
    Return of the Banana

Thread Information