Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tough Season, Wheres What I think Needs to be Done this Off Season.

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrior Fan View Post
    Lebeau? really? You do realize the job of the defense is to prevent the other team from scoring points right? The team with the most points wins. Its not about feeling, style, flair, or any other damn thing. Its about points. Well we gave up fewer points than any other AFC team except the Broncos.

This arguement is so old and without any merit.
    Without merit and completely nonsensical. I also agree that the defense doesn't force enough turnovers, but people calling for LeBeau to be fired for a lack of turnovers would be like calling for the firing of an offensive coach because he leads the league in scoring without calling enough deep passes.

Banned
    And blaming the absence of a "good" backup for the reason we missed the playoffs is a poor excuse. The team went 1-2 without Roethlisberger. Who's to say another backup or even Roethlisberger himself could've done better considering the team lost to the Browns, Titans and Oakland with Roethlisberger? Even if both the losses without Roethlisberger were wins, this team would still be 10-6, which is only slightly less pathetic than 8-8.

Sorry but I'd like to see us force some fumbles, sack some quarterbacks, intercept some passes you know, the things the GREAT defenses of the NFL do. I agree we don't let up very many points, but the lack of takeaways is a bigger deal than you think. How many times would have it been great to get a BIG turn over at the end of a game in OUR favor. Seems like other teams have no problem doing it to us. Lebeau is fine, I didn't say to fire him, I just said I have my doubts.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
    Sorry but I'd like to see us force some fumbles, sack some quarterbacks, intercept some passes you know, the things the GREAT defenses of the NFL do. I agree we don't let up very many points, but the lack of takeaways is a bigger deal than you think. How many times would have it been great to get a BIG turn over at the end of a game in OUR favor. Seems like other teams have no problem doing it to us. Lebeau is fine, I didn't say to fire him, I just said I have my doubts.
    What is better? A team that gives up 180 points and collects 20 turnovers or one that gives up 300 points and collects 35 turnovers? Turnovers are nice but points are king.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    What is better? A team that gives up 180 points and collects 20 turnovers or one that gives up 300 points and collects 35 turnovers? Turnovers are nice but points are king.
    Here's the thing, a lot of times turn overs turn into points, especially when it occurs deep within an opponents territory To answer your question a team that gives up 300 points in a season is still holding their opponents to less than 20, and if we could convert 1/4 of our turn overs into touch downs that's almost an extra 7 points per game, not to mention more turn overs means the ball is out of the other teams hands so they will in effect score less often so I highly doubt that if we did have 35 turn overs a season that we would give up 300 points, that's pure speculation. So let me ask you a question what would you rather have a team that gives up 180 points per season and forces 20 turn overs or a team that gives up 180 points per season and forces 35 turn overs? I'll take the extra 7 ppg, we would have been like 12-4 in that case.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
    3. Our Entire Offensive Line can be traded for anything.
    So you're just going to crap away two recent #1 picks and two recent #2 picks, including a pro bowl center for just anything. /sigh. It's this kind of hyperbole that makes me dismiss the rest of your post.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Steelers were 25th in turnovers. And 26th in rushing offense.

Those areas need to get fixed.

If I could get Ray Horton out of Arizona to run this defense, I would.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Oh you mean that guy who broke as soon as he signed with us, probably snapped his ankle signing the damn papers so YEAH DUMP THEM ALL. Hows that?

Thread Information