Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Draft Order (Semi-Final)

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I LOVE Amerson... I think he's the 4th best DB in the draft (Milliner, Banks, Reid, Amerson)
    I really like him too ... and I think he could play Corner in the zone blitz scheme of DLs too ... but I think he's best at Free Safety ... my only concern is if he played Safety can he tackle good enough??

I think the Pats make that pick if he's on the board quick ... he fits them perfectly ... at least I think

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Pats drafted a FS in the 2nd round last year (Tavon Wilson)
    Ravens have bigger needs up front (DL/LBer)

I would not spend the #17 pick on Elam, but I'd use our 2nd and 4th to move up into the 36-42 range to draft him.
    According the Pats talk, he's not picked up the scheme as fast as they would have liked. Maybe another off-season is needed but the Patriots secondary is so much of a train wreck still, they could take him because Elam is suppose to be a pretty smart guy too.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    I really like him too ... and I think he could play Corner in the zone blitz scheme of DLs too ... but I think he's best at Free Safety ... my only concern is if he played Safety can he tackle good enough??

I think the Pats make that pick if he's on the board quick ... he fits them perfectly ... at least I think

agreed...

I think Steelers fans are projecting their needs onto other teams too much. How many "safeties" do you really think are going to get drafted in the 1st round? It's an incredibly deep and talented position. If more than 2 safeties get taken in the 1st round, I'll be shocked.

I think Reid, and probably Vaccaro go in the 1st
    Elam, Amerson, Thomas in the 2nd
    Rambo, MacDonald, Swearinger, Lester in the late 2nd/3rd
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Sean Spence plays like Elam... I cant believe he blew a knee out on the turf... I hope he is back...

Spence was in on every play with the canes. Elam is the same with the gators.

Harrison is done. Our team feeds off OLB's we need the best OLB we can get in round 1

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Sean Spence plays like Elam... I cant believe he blew a knee out on the turf... I hope he is back...

Spence was in on every play with the canes. Elam is the same with the gators.

Harrison is done. Our team feeds off OLB's we need the best OLB we can get in round 1
    I agree. We should be targeting the best fit and trading up (for me it's Jordan... but I trust our guys to determine who the best fit is... maybe Moore... maybe Mingo.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

2nd String
    If more than 2 safeties get taken in the 1st round, I'll be shocked.

I think Reid, and probably Vaccaro go in the 1st
    Elam, Amerson, Thomas in the 2nd
    Rambo, MacDonald, Swearinger, Lester in the late 2nd/3rd
    I don't think Reid goes first ... I think Thomas has a legit shot at going in the 1st

but yeah this safety class is extremely deep ... all the ones you mentioned plus, Duke Williams in the 3rd-4th range ... and Rashard Hall and Shamarko Thomas in the 5th-7th range ... I like Shamarko as I'm a Syracuse fan

Thread Information