Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mendenhall

Bookmark and Share
    I'd take Mendenhall for 3 years $9 million still

Mendenhall

Mendy is in the right system here with Haley but for some reason we stopped throwing to the RB...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Waterboy
    Mendenhall is nothing more than a modern-day Greg Hawthorne from Baylor. We keot him around for too many seasons waiting for him to heal and produce.....never happened. Say "Good-bye, Mr Mendenhall.....". Too many fumbles.

Never produced? Come on now. You may have issues with Mendenhall but he definitely had some productive seasons.

Mendy would be great if he didn't fall down like Willie Parker (senses danger and goes down like a load of bricks) -and or- attempts to juke 6 times then spin and only confuses his o line.

He had a couple of good seasons but that was about 2 lifetimes ago in NFL RB terms. I wouldn't sign him for the league minimum when the damn Redskins - YES REDSKINS - feature back had way more yards rushing than our entire team. We need wholesale changes to the running game.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    Im gonna say he's still our best rb. If someone could coach him up and teach him not to carry the ball like a loaf of bread he might be worth keeping. I've been the hugest critic of mendenhall. Should be an interesting offseason.
    disagree. Judging by TOTAL overall skills that a rb is suppose to have, he's nowhere near the best. But it's quite possible we could upgrade even over Dwyer. But we have so many other needs.......
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrior Fan View Post
    Mendy would be great if he didn't fall down like Willie Parker (senses danger and goes down like a load of bricks) -and or- attempts to juke 6 times then spin and only confuses his o line.

He had a couple of good seasons but that was about 2 lifetimes ago in NFL RB terms. I wouldn't sign him for the league minimum when the damn Redskins - YES REDSKINS - feature back had way more yards rushing than our entire team. We need wholesale changes to the running game.
    The guy is only 25 years old. RB dont start dwindling until around 29

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    disagree. Judging by TOTAL overall skills that a rb is suppose to have, he's nowhere near the best. But it's quite possible we could upgrade even over Dwyer. But we have so many other needs.......

Mreh? What are the skills a RB is supposed to have? Mendenhall has good hands, good speed, decent vision, aside from the Super Bowl and the one game a few weeks back doesn't put the ball on the ground frequently, good size, shifty, powerful, etc. etc.

He is easily the most physically gifted RB on the team. It's not even an argument, really.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    Mreh? What are the skills a RB is supposed to have? Mendenhall has good hands, good speed, decent vision, aside from the Super Bowl and the one game a few weeks back doesn't put the ball on the ground frequently, good size, shifty, powerful, etc. etc.

He is easily the most physically gifted RB on the team. It's not even an argument, really.
    This...

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    well we must get a comparable replacement. dwyer, redman and rainey are not the answer.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Thread Information