Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enjoy watching the Steelers today, as it might be the last time for some big names.

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Enjoy watching the Steelers today, as it might be the last time for some big names.

This final regular season game for both the Steelers and the Browns is filled with as many big names on injured reserve or inactive as there is on the field. Well almost...

It's a topic that's been swirling around the SteelerNation all year long but has certainly picked up steam in the last couple of weeks in particular. Kevin Colbert and Omar Khan have a big offseason ahead of them, and how it plans out is anybody's guess at this point. Just in case though, enjoy seeing some staples in the Steelers lineup, some fan favorites or not so favorites, because next year could see many new faces.

Max Starks, playing in his 123rd game since being drafted in 2004. A staple on the line, Starks has been a calming influence and even a savior of sorts for an often battered group. Starks realizes this could be his final year in Pittsburgh and is open to playing somewhere else.

Mike Wallace, no sense beating this dead horse any more than we have to date. Wallace wants big money, and the Steelers have to decide how much he's worth. Do you break the bank on the guy who held out, had just an "ok" season, and no matter what anyone says, has had motivational issues on gameday?

Rashard Mendenhall, probably the most foregone conclusion in the minds of fans at least. Mendenhall has said he's not the type of player that feels he has to stay in one place. He is open to playing elsewhere next year, and after this season and the merry go round at RB, he's likely gone.

Keenan Lewis, in my mind at least a top priority for the Steelers front office. He finally started turning the corner at NB in 2011 and this season he emerged as a top notch cover corner. Keeping him on the roster will ensure the continued success of the secondary. He also though is open to playing elsewhere.

Willie Colon, injured reserve the majority of the last 3 seasons. $29 million dollar contract, cap hit over 7 million next year. Writing is on the wall. If he stays it's a definite restructure to free up funds but he still gets paid and enough is probably enough.

Larry Foote, he could still return and probably wouldn't play anywhere else but Spence has a huge upside if he can stay healthy. If Foote returns he should be the backup on the inside.

I still can't believe we went out the way we did this year.It feels like yesterday we couldn't wait for the season to start and now it's all over in the most pathetic way possible.I really hope they straighten some **** out over the off season and get back to a winning season,why BECAUSE WE DESERVE IT.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    There is probably ten more names that can be added here.
    Every position needs to be evaluated,changes made promptly.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    I'm not as much worried about talent as much as I am about attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I'm not as much worried about talent as much as I am about attitude!
    Question is who's to blame for the lack of attitude? Is it Tomlin with his cliche comments he makes about the team each week instead of calling out the **** poor play of his team, "his buddy, buddy approach"? Or is it the Rooney's for not putting some pressure on the coaching staff to straighten this **** out? I know the Rooney's aren't like jerry jones, but should they be held accountable as well?

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcity73 View Post
    Question is who's to blame for the lack of attitude? Is it Tomlin with his cliche comments he makes about the team each week instead of calling out the **** poor play of his team
    +1 - we get to read in the Digest each week about his cap-tippin to the other team instead of the BUTT whupping he needs to make his own team. And himself.
    Gumbands

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Keisel just went down. Story of our season.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Draft Pick
    Decastro out again too

My Mood
    Addicted
    From the list above, Lewis and Starks are the only ones I'd like to see back.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    From the list above, Lewis and Starks are the only ones I'd like to see back.
    Why not Foote? He will be relatively cheap and played solid all year for us. Spence red shirted, so it will be like his rookie year. Keep Foote at least for one more year as long as the price is right and we do not draft someone ready to step right in.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information