Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petition to fire the conditioning coach

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Petition to fire the conditioning coach

Injuries all over the offensive line the past three years, players getting injured left to right.

Do they do stretches properly before games? (Most of them are degree drop outs so I guess they don't have the intelligence to know that this can be critical)

Fire him, he obviously has them conditioned bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Seriously. This is a department that is not doing its job. Vets getting training days off for example.
    Last edited by RIVERS OF STEEL; 12-29-2012 at 05:38 PM.

And their fans.

Problem is training camps are to cushy and players bodies are not in collision condition. To hell with club Tomlin, bring back boot camp.

Stop the "vet" day off crap and lets thin the weak from the herd! Can't survive practice no way in hell can you survive a game!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Overall conditioning can be questioned ,but with the way the last CBA was negotiated I think plays into it also. The vet day off has been around a long time it was not initiated by Tomlin and I don't think it played that big of a part of it.
    The extra rules for TC and practices during the season were negotiated in the CBA and I think that is a contributory factor to the injuries.

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I do not care how much stretching you do, a couple of 300 pound men landing on the back of your leg is going to do some damage. These injuries are the overwhelming majority that the OL has suffered. No conditioning coach could stop that. The one who needs a new regimen is Troy. He is always in great shape but those hamstrings are brittle. That CAN be corrected to some extent. I believe he uses Marinovich' s dad. Dump him.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Although conditioning plays a factor in the injuries as well as the new CBA..........I feel one of the Injury Problems we have on the O-line is the style of play BR7 uses.....When you have a QB that runs around in the Backfield it is hard to maintain your position as a Lineman thus causing irregular movements which lead to injuries......obviously Pass Blocking is more susceptible to injuries than Run Blocking.......also the Steeler style of Pulling Run Blocking causes strange body positions which also leads to injuries.......just my 2 cents.....

Veteran
    A lot of the injuries were caused by another player falling on the legs of the offensive linemen. While I agree they need to look at the conditioning, how do you stop that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    A lot of the injuries were caused by another player falling on the legs of the offensive linemen. While I agree they need to look at the conditioning, how do you stop that?
    Get rid of fat **** sorry players.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Get rid of fat **** sorry players.
    Well, I believe the job description for an NFL lineman has "fat" written into it. :-)

As far as "**** sorry", the conditioning coach has no input into that.

The biggest health scandal I have seen on this team was with James. The guy had knee trouble all last off-season and they did not send him in for surgery until the eve of training camp. Subsequently, he missed the beginning of the season and was not himself for the rest of the year. Someone needs to be slapped around for that.

Scandal number 2 is Troy. Enough with his private trainer, Marv Marinovich.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information