Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Why Does Pittsburgh Hate Star QBs?

Bookmark and Share
    Starter
    Rotating backs is Haley's calling card.

The only time the run game worked was when injuries forced him not to.

Rookie Free Agent JoeSteelerFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical

My Social Networks

Follow JoeSteelerFan On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Seriously, why does Pittsburgh hate our own star QBs? Ben has been getting it bad for the past two weeks over a bad throw in Dallas in OT and a bad game against the Bengals, but he's clearly no where close to being the Steelers' biggest problem. Oh, and Terry Bradshaw - the guy who won four super bowls - he got it worse than Ben even has from the fan base.

Is this actually how Pittsburgh feels, or is it just a vocal, crackpot minority? Do fans just want a team that's all about running and defense? Yinzer nation never realized how good Bradshaw was until after he left, and it looks like they'll never appreciate Ben until after he retires. Granted, many of the posters on this forum seem much more rational about Ben. Go to other Steelers forums or listen to the talk shows on the radio and the Ben bashing is relentless to the point where it's not about two bad games, but rather complete and utter hatred. Also, if it came between keeping Ben and Haley, Ben has to go and the OC that never won anything should stay, according to the angry crowd in Pittsburgh.
    The disdain people show for Roethlisberger (note I didn't categorize as "Hate") isn't about Ben's ability, many Steeler fans have chosen NOT to like Ben because of his personality quirks.

And let's make no mistake about it ... HE DOES HAVE THEM.

Ben has an ego the size of Texas. Ben is a drama queen. Ben isn't a natural leader of men (meaning people don't look up to him for his intellect or his work ethic), Ben isn't the face of the franchise (as much as the Steelers wanted him to be in the onset of his career), Ben has displayed a significant amount of immaturity over the years, Ben has had his share of legal troubles which all dealt with issues of his own integrity being placed in to question.

Add all these things up, and it's easy to see why people have placed him in the "Douchebag" category. Ben has been a dick to many (see "Ego" issues) in the media over the years.

Now Ben wants to re-brand himself as a more mature and married version of old Ben and some people just aren't that forgiving. See, so this really isn't about football, we all pretty much agree Ben is the epitome of raw talent that has brought new Lombardi metal into the trophy cases down at 100 Art Rooney Avenue.

This is totally about Ben and his personality.

~ The End

<..... drops mike .... walks offstage>
    Last edited by JoeSteelerFan; 12-29-2012 at 09:59 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoeSteelerFan

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    most americans are retarded, americans dont see this but other countries do.

just remember this.

that is why unemployment rates are so high, if pittsburgh bashes its own elite qb.

they dont win them every season.
    go play with a couple sticks of dynamite or a can of gasoline you moron!!!

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSteelerFan View Post
    The disdain people show for Roethlisberger (note I didn't categorize as "Hate") isn't about Ben's ability, many Steeler fans have chosen NOT to like Ben because of his personality quirks.

And let's make no mistake about it ... HE DOES HAVE THEM.

Ben has an ego the size of Texas. Ben is a drama queen. Ben isn't a natural leader of men (meaning people don't look up to him for his intellect or his work ethic), Ben isn't the face of the franchise (as much as the Steelers wanted him to be in the onset of his career), Ben has displayed a significant amount of immaturity over the years, Ben has had his share of legal troubles which all dealt with issues of his own integrity being placed in to question.

Add all these things up, and it's easy to see why people have placed him in the "Douchebag" category. Ben has been a dick to many (see "Ego" issues) in the media over the years.

Now Ben wants to re-brand himself as a more mature and married version of old Ben and some people just aren't that forgiving. See, so this really isn't about football, we all pretty much agree Ben is the epitome of raw talent that has brought new Lombardi metal into the trophy cases down at 100 Art Rooney Avenue.

This is totally about Ben and his personality.

~ The End

<..... drops mike .... walks offstage>
    This is typical of the Ben bashing. It's because of his supposed big ego that he threw those INTs. Do all the other QBs that have more INTs on the season than Ben have bigger egos?

And after hearing the words "attitude problem," Ben isn't exactly the first Steeler I think of. I think of all the young punks who act like they've won something when they haven't.

Starter
    Pittsburgh people are morons. Anyone who is young, rich, and successful gets their wrath the minute they **** up.

Bill Cowher was beloved Crafton Bill from 1992-1997.

When 1998 and 1999 came about and the Steelers were losing he all of the sudden was having affairs with secretary's and having an RO filed against him by Kaye.

Ben's "personality" is that he's not an ***-kisser. I don't give a flying **** about rumors and allegations. I'll let the fact that the key leaders of this team, REAL leaders like Miller, Hoke, Polamalu, Aaron Smith, and Brett Keisel are among his closest teammates as well as his offensive line.

In fact the ONLY players ever to rip Ben for anything were Hines and Najeh Davenport, hardly two people with solid character.

Ben WAS/IS the face of this franchise.

And that drove Hines Ward crazy.

Starter
    Pittsburgh only "loved" Robert Clemente after his plane crashed in San Juan also.

Rookie Free Agent JoeSteelerFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical

My Social Networks

Follow JoeSteelerFan On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    This is typical of the Ben bashing. It's because of his supposed big ego that he threw those INTs. Do all the other QBs that have more INTs on the season than Ben have bigger egos?

And after hearing the words "attitude problem," Ben isn't exactly the first Steeler I think of. I think of all the young punks who act like they've won something when they haven't.
    Two things: 1) Ben's ego isn't a "supposed big ego" ... it's not like it's some veiled secret or a conspiracy theory like Sasquatch. It's well known and it's been validated time and again. Hell, his own teammates in the past have called him on it. That's about as real as it can get.

2) Ben's ego has nothing to do with INT's. Not sure where you were going with this diatribe

Like I said, Ben is Ben .... he'll never be a Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady on or off the field. Ben disappointed many fans over the years with his behavior and his aloof demeanor. He may never get some peoples trust back, some he may.

Personally, I just want him to play good football.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoeSteelerFan

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSteelerFan View Post
    Two things: 1) Ben's ego isn't a "supposed big ego" ... it's not like it's some veiled secret or a conspiracy theory like Sasquatch. It's well known and it's been validated time and again. Hell, his own teammates in the past have called him on it. That's about as real as it can get.

2) Ben's ego has nothing to do with INT's. Not sure where you were going with this diatribe

Like I said, Ben is Ben .... he'll never be a Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady on or off the field. Ben disappointed many fans over the years with his behavior and his aloof demeanor. He may never get some peoples trust back, some he may.

Personally, I just want him to play good football.
    Some of us really can't move on from that can we? You're talking about stuff that happened 4 years ago. Is it possible that maybe he grew up and realized he can't do that kind of stuff anymore. Getting married and having a child would support that claim.

But if James Harrison smacks his wife, no one says a thing.

Veteran
    Over the last couple years, we've seen Ben get the ball late in the game with a chance to drive for the winning score and he hasn't been able to get the job done. Several of those times, we saw him come up with a big INT. We saw that a couple times this year, and I believe we saw it in last year's playoff loss to Denver. This is something he's excelled at in his career. Now, I know that the INTs, especially the one from last year in the playoff loss was all Haley's fault, even though he wasn't employed by the team at the time, but this is something that needs to be improved upon.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Over the last couple years, we've seen Ben get the ball late in the game with a chance to drive for the winning score and he hasn't been able to get the job done. Several of those times, we saw him come up with a big INT. We saw that a couple times this year, and I believe we saw it in last year's playoff loss to Denver. This is something he's excelled at in his career. Now, I know that the INTs, especially the one from last year in the playoff loss was all Haley's fault, even though he wasn't employed by the team at the time, but this is something that needs to be improved upon.
    In last year's playoff loss to Denver we saw Ike get burned on the first play in OT. How was that Ben's fault?

Anyways, maybe they should let Ben win the game early instead of waiting for the last two minutes. All of this year the Steelers tried to grind out wins playing Marty ball, and hope Ben pulled a miracle out of his *** in the end. Brady's team and Manning's team actually allow them to go to work early on in the game, but the Steelers won't do that with Ben. Their afraid if the offense scores quickly then they might get into a shootout.

Thread Information