Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Does Pittsburgh Hate Star QBs?

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    Just for the record, Philip rivers is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. He does talk talk trash on the field which you can take it or leave it. But I used to be one of his RAs at nc state. He was a model student and citizen. A great family man as well.

It doesn't matter if you ever like him or not but his football persona is the exact opposite of who he is in real life.
    And i should admire him because he has a jekyl hyde thing goin on? I admire tebow more and he couldnt hit the broad side of a fn barn

My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by jdehoff83 View Post
    And i should admire him because he has a jekyl hyde thing goin on? I admire tebow more and he couldnt hit the broad side of a fn barn

admire who you want to admire. my point was that you called him an arrogant prick, and he really isn't like that at all. hell, you can continue hating on him all you want, but most players don't match the persona on the field. that's all i'm saying. rivers is far from an arrogant prick in real life.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Banned
    He's a trash talking douche who hasn't won anything.

Wake me up when he does.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    pittsburgh has never been great to any qbs. Almost ran Bradshaw out of town early in his career. Made small minded comments about Kordell being gay or having sex with Cowher or little boys. Threw stuff at Cliff Stoudt. Threw trash in tommy maddox's yard. But like many NFL cities, they'll hate you when you lose, love you when you win. Just the way things are.

My problem with Ben isn't his performances. My issues with him have been his dumb decision making off the field. Getting on a motorcycle and almost getting killed, and for the most part ruining the 2006 season. Plus all the rape allegations etc. It's been a blackeye on the franchise. I'm hoping he is growing up now since he has a family now.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    He's a trash talking douche who hasn't won anything.

Wake me up when he does.
    Second that

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    Just for the record, Philip rivers is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. He does talk talk trash on the field which you can take it or leave it. But I used to be one of his RAs at nc state. He was a model student and citizen. A great family man as well.

It doesn't matter if you ever like him or not but his football persona is the exact opposite of who he is in real life.
    Rivers is a punk.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdehoff83 View Post
    he hit Thomas pretty good against us in OT last postseason...

Banned
    But all this team has done with Ben is win. And they still hate him.

Like I said, I hope they get their wish.

We'll see how many "die hards" flock to Heinz Field after a few 4-12 seasons.

Draft Pick
    Im sure rex ryan is a nice guy too.. long story short nobody wants to hear the bs especially when your team sucks..and nobody wants to hear lip from a qb period

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedblk&gld View Post
    he hit Thomas pretty good against us in OT last postseason...
    Lol yea he did... but hey even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile

Thread Information