Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Does Pittsburgh Hate Star QBs?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    well he found the golden acorn that night...

Banned
    Rex was under-minded by his owner who brought the Tebow circus to town.

Waterboy
    My Mood
    Addicted
    There's nobody to blame or hate.

This might have been one of the unluckiest seasons the franchise has had.

1. You realize Ryan Clark can never play in Denver

2. You lose Harrison for a lot of the season.

3. You lose troy for basically the WHOLE season.

4. Then you lose BEN for 3 weeks and when he finally comes back it's too late cause he's not 100%.

This season was an anomaly. They'll be back next year.

Banned
    Ben's injury was a non factor. Was he hurt when he threw that ball 60 yards to Wallace?

We lost because we are too concerned with tradition, and not concerned enough about scoring points.

My Mood
    Fine
    Ben went back to being Sandlot Ben instead of following Haley's plan. When Ben Followed Haley's Script he was being talked about as a MVP candidate. Then he got hurt and choked from the pressure and reverted back to "I know what I'm doing Ben". Several Games they lost because Ben didn't follow his reads. Several times the checkdown was wide open,Wallace was open but he kept looking for brown. He went away from Miller when Miller was killing teams. Then the following week when everyones talking about Miller he overtargets him and pick 6.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I like Ben as a football player, but not so much as a person. My favorite player is Heath miller. All he does is go out and play. You never hear his name in the news for anything. We don't know if his wife is pregnant. Etc. I root for these people to win football games. I liked ward and Bettis a lot as people. Woodley and Troy also.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Ben went back to being Sandlot Ben instead of following Haley's plan. When Ben Followed Haley's Script he was being talked about as a MVP candidate. Then he got hurt and choked from the pressure and reverted back to "I know what I'm doing Ben". Several Games they lost because Ben didn't follow his reads. Several times the checkdown was wide open,Wallace was open but he kept looking for brown. He went away from Miller when Miller was killing teams. Then the following week when everyones talking about Miller he overtargets him and pick 6.
    Ben followed Haley's plan? It was more like Ben bailing out Haley on third down. You put Brady and Manning in for that many third and longs, you might as well start making preparations for their funerals.

how about better decision making and execution from the QB in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    how about better decision making and execution from the QB in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter
    I'm sure Ben wish he could've done better. But how about not playing Marty ball for the first 58 minutes of a game and instead let Ben and the offense try to win the game early? Remember what the Denver game was like:

1st down: Run up the middle
    2nd down: Run up the middle
    3rd down: OMG BEN HELP!

In that situation, the QB won't succeed often. Too many fans don't seem to understand that. The fact that Ben's QB rating was so high on third down before the injury should tell you not just how good he is, but also how under-used he is.

My Mood
    Addicted
    you don't like:

run, run, pass, punt?

Thread Information