Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury means Wallace may have played his last game as a Steeler

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    this thread was about Wallace... this thread has jumped the shark
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Could be a peek into the future should the Steelers decide not to aggressively go after Wallace.

Hoping not to open the can again, but I hope he is franchised / resigned.
    Steelers not going to franchise him according to the post-gazette article...It should be interesting to see what the Steelers front office will do regarding Wallace on the off season.

Seems that Steeler fans are divided whether he should remain a Steeler or not...
    "HAIL TO PITT"

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Let him bounce... Much more headache than an offer... Speed dont matter when you cant catch the ball

(Our other WRs can catch, just cant hold on to it)

He played himself out of "Larry Fitz" or even "AB" $

Someone like Miami will throw money at him and he will be obsolete in about 3 years...

Steelers win this cautionary tale... Could be a while before someone in Black and Gold decides to "holdout" again.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

I see Ben signing a 2 or 3 year extention that will be cap friendly. Wallace is going to go for the $$. Now I need to sell 4 number 17 jerseys. I am all for keeping our guys but he won't accept a nickel under another offer in my opinion.

Emotions aside Wallace goes and we draft or sign relative cheap FA.

Anyone see Greg Jennings as a viable option?

I think Wallace will be back but if we were to have a chance at getting Jones-Drew out of Jacksonville , I'd let Mike go and pay him. Besides running backs aren't commanding as much money as wide receivers these days.Through all the stuff that has been said I think Ownership in Jacksonville is ready to start over and would let him go for cheap. I mean they waited until the last game of the season to IR him lol. The guy would be great for our team.
    Last edited by Mike Tomlin; 12-29-2012 at 09:53 AM.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Let him bounce... Much more headache than an offer... Speed dont matter when you cant catch the ball

(Our other WRs can catch, just cant hold on to it)

He played himself out of "Larry Fitz" or even "AB" $

Someone like Miami will throw money at him and he will be obsolete in about 3 years...

Steelers win this cautionary tale... Could be a while before someone in Black and Gold decides to "holdout" again.
    Wallace wasn't a hold out, he was a free agent.

Hines Ward held out in 2005, and he was rewarded with the highest contract in team history.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tomlin View Post
    I think Wallace will be back but if we were to have a chance at getting Jones-Drew out of Jacksonville , I'd let Mike go and pay him. Besides running backs aren't commanding as much money as wide receivers these days.Through all the stuff that has been said I think Ownership in Jacksonville is ready to start over and would let him go for cheap. I mean they waited until the last game of the season to IR him lol. The guy would be great for our team.
    Why trade one holdout for another? That makes no sense. Besides, how much gas does MJD have in the tank. Obviously, the Steelers need an upgrade at RB, but he's not the guy and he's not worth losing Wallace over.

Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Why trade one holdout for another? That makes no sense. Besides, how much gas does MJD have in the tank. Obviously, the Steelers need an upgrade at RB, but he's not the guy and he's not worth losing Wallace over.
    Well to me it makes plenty of sense. Believe me I don't want to see Wallace go at all, but if he did this would be the move I would want to see happen. MJD just led the league in rushing last year if I'm not mistaken so I don't even know why that was a question. I mean if we're not going to give the money to Wallace then lets pay a legitamate running back.Also Wallace didn't hold out , he did exactly what he should have done. Why play in meaningless preseason games and risk blowing out a knee and not get a deal from anyone. Again the FO knows what this guy is capable of and he never asked for Fitz money as many keep saying. I think he'll be back.
    Last edited by Mike Tomlin; 12-29-2012 at 12:18 PM.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, Miller are more than enough to establish a solid passing game. Would be nice to have a bigger WR to go to; Steelers already have the speed guys in Brown and Sanders, but need a "Plax" type of WR. Would be nice to have Wesley Saunders as an extra TE right about now, because chances are Heath won't be ready for the start of the season.

I like Wallace, but after reading the article this morning, there is probably a 10 percent chance they sign him. His performance this year played himself out of an elite contract. Unless he goes to a team with an elite QB, he will eventually erode into what Randle El was with the Redskins.

Banned
    Randle El wasn't that good to begin with, comparing Wallace to him is silly.

Wallace could end up in Indy, he could end up in Denver, he IMO will end up in New England.

Thread Information