Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dalton

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Dalton has peaked too. He'll always be solid but unspectacular, IMO.
    lmao how can u say he's peaked after two seasons.

You could say Roethlisberger peaked after his first season, because he rarely throws for more than 20 touchdowns.

what utter rubbish you posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Banned
    You could say Roethlisberger peaked after his first season, because he rarely throws for more than 20 touchdowns.
    If you say so.

Dalton

Because he's a Bengal people will blast him! He's a solid player in a great system! Gruden is getting the most out of his young QB and wr.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Swill. You blitz him and he folds.

Of course that's why we played zone on the biggest defensive play of the season last week and left his best receiver un touched off the LOS as well.
    This is what I mean. In a game where the D had 6 sacks, 3 turnovers, and gave up 6 points, it is STILL their fault? Unbelievable.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Addicted
    If you say so.
    shut up
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Dalton is a good young QB, but much like Duante Culpepper with Randy Moss, I'd like to see what he could do without his All-World WR, AJ Green. Once Moss was taken away from Culpepper, Culpepper became pretty ordinary overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    lmao how can u say he's peaked after two seasons.

what utter rubbish you posted.
    How is it rubbish? It's an opinion lol. I said he wouldn't get much better than he was last season, and he hasn't been that much better. He was a good, solid QB last year as a rookie and he was a good, solid QB this season. Last season: 20 TDs, 13 INTs, 3400 yards, 58 percent completion percentage. Solid, but unspectacular. This season 26 TDs, 16 INTs, over 3500 yards, 62 percent completion percentage. Again, solid but unspectacular. IMO, he's never gonna be an elite QB. He's far too inaccurate at times and gets easily flustered. He's played bad football games this season, as well as some very good. Top 15 QB? Certainly debatable. But I dont see him, as in MY OPINION, getting much better than he is... A good, solid QB that the Bengals can build around and win some games with. IMO, if the Bengals ever get to/win a Super Bowl with Dalton at QB (which won't be this season), it won't be because of him.
    Last edited by Big T; 12-28-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    This is what I mean. In a game where the D had 6 sacks, 3 turnovers, and gave up 6 points, it is STILL their fault? Unbelievable.
    On that call? It's LeBeau's fault. The biggest play of the season, they hammer Dalton all day so what do we do?

We sit back and play the garbage soft zone that beats them in crunch time constantly.

4th and 15 to Matt Cassell up three points.

Same thing.

4th and game against the Ravens last season.

Same thing.

4th and game against the Ravens in 2009 without Ben.

Same thing.

Why LeBeau simply won't stay with what works, in key spots, is a mystery.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    On that call? It's LeBeau's fault. The biggest play of the season, they hammer Dalton all day so what do we do?

We sit back and play the garbage soft zone that beats them in crunch time constantly.

4th and 15 to Matt Cassell up three points.

Same thing.

4th and game against the Ravens last season.

Same thing.

4th and game against the Ravens in 2009 without Ben.

Same thing.

Why LeBeau simply won't stay with what works, in key spots, is a mystery.
    Right, we sure would not want to blame Ben for throwing a terrible interception and giving them the ball on our side of the 50 or the Ben pick 6 earlier in the game that would have rendered the FG meaningless.

You then throw out a couple of examples where you feel they should have blitzed. Want to bet that we could easily come up with as many or more instances where they did blitz and play press coverage and got burned? (Playoff loss to Denver last year ring a bell?) The problem is you "see" what you want to "see." Sometimes it is not the play calling and it is just the players not executing. If they did blitz Dalton on the play in question and he threw a TD to Green you would still be b!tching because that is what b!tches do.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Banned
    We didn't blitz Tebow at all. We sat back and waited for him to make a mistake.

Just like we did with Carson Palmer this season.

Didn't happen.

If they did blitz Dalton on the play in question and he threw a TD to Green you would still be b!tching because that is what b!tches do.
    No, I would rather lose a game making a QB beat my best stuff, instead of sitting back and handing it to him. You give AJ Green a free release on that play? Tackle him at the snap, at worst it's 5 yards if they don't complete a pass from our 41 with little time left except for a Hail Mary.

LeBeau's 4th quarter scheme has sucked for years.

Because they back off and concern themselves with chewing clock rather than making plays.

Ben should have never been in that position. When they turtled and ran the ball from their own 46 three times before a Ben scramble on 3rd down? They should have went to OT.

What sense did it make? Turtle from the 46 with 3 minutes to go, and then throw the ball starting at your own 11 with :44 to go.

If that's Arians? People would want him shot.

But not the jagoff who was a ball boy for this team 40 years ago.
    Last edited by Crash; 12-28-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Thread Information