Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wasn't all bad in 2012, was it? There were some individual highlights.

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Wasn't all bad in 2012, was it? There were some individual highlights.

There were some highlights this season, maybe not so much in the scoring dept but several players really stepped up this season and did their part to help the team, and then some.

Big game wins did come against the Ravens and Giants.

Big performances throughout the season:

Ramon Foster - Rock solid nearly all year long, played multiple positions and was the 2nd most healthy player next to Starks.
    Max Starks - definitely the most consistent and healthy lineman all year long.
    Keenan Lewis - Showed he's ready to take the next step into a top corner in the league.
    Cortez Allen - valuable experience all year long, had some growing pains, but overall has a bright future.
    Heath Miller - goes without saying, team MVP and most consistent, best player on offense all year.
    Larry Foote - shared team lead in tackles all year long with Timmons; had a solid year overall, very productive.
    Lawrence Timmons - showed again why he's a top MLB in the NFL and very underrated rushing the QB from the middle.
    Shaun Suisham - Only had 3 misses this season; one was a bad snap and two were down the middle but just didn't have the leg for the distance.

Mike Wallace's circus between the knees catch is probably the best catch all year, by anyone.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    There were some highlights this season, maybe not so much in the scoring dept but several players really stepped up this season and did their part to help the team, and then some.

Big game wins did come against the Ravens and Giants.

Big performances throughout the season:

Ramon Foster - Rock solid nearly all year long, played multiple positions and was the 2nd most healthy player next to Starks.
    Max Starks - definitely the most consistent and healthy lineman all year long.
    Keenan Lewis - Showed he's ready to take the next step into a top corner in the league.
    Cortez Allen - valuable experience all year long, had some growing pains, but overall has a bright future.
    Heath Miller - goes without saying, team MVP and most consistent, best player on offense all year.
    Larry Foote - shared team lead in tackles all year long with Timmons; had a solid year overall, very productive.
    Lawrence Timmons - showed again why he's a top MLB in the NFL and very underrated rushing the QB from the middle.
    Shaun Suisham - Only had 3 misses this season; one was a bad snap and two were down the middle but just didn't have the leg for the distance.

Mike Wallace's circus between the knees catch is probably the best catch all year, by anyone.
    I'd like to add:
    Ryan Clark - The league's most underappreciated FS
    Will Allen - Surprised everyone with his ability to play above the line on a weekly basis (He could also make the list for simply not being Ryan Mundy)

My Mood
    Addicted
    Max Starks - Unsung hero! What are the chances he is back next season?

Draft Pick
    Second on clark..... Wallace would be a better highlight if he wouldve made the easier catches instead the circus one which i forgot about until u mentioned it
    ..point is one catch doesn't make up for all his dropped balls or poor route running im not a wallace hater i just think he had a very poor effort this year

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Max Starks - Unsung hero! What are the chances he is back next season?
    Chances are he will not be resigned with Gilbert and Adams lurking. Starks has been awesome and by far the most consistent lineman this season.

Will Allen did a great job in the secondary and one guy who never gets recognition but always delivers when called on - Jerrico!

Bright spots:
    #1 defense, even if it didn't always seem like it.
    Beat the Ravens in Baltimore...with Charlie Batch.
    Heath
    Lewis
    Timmons

Dim spots:
    Injuries
    No run game
    WR were boneheads
    Ben seemingly losing his mojo after the injury.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Veteran
    My Mood
    Blah
    Bright spots: Many already mentioned. Keenan Lewis and Ike Taylor should make a pretty good CB combo. Timmons is emerging to be a great MILB. Ryan Clark, very solid year.

Dim spots: A defense that cannot put any pressure what-so-ever on the opposing QB. The result is the lack of turn overs. The continual injuries on the OL, which led to a very spotty year from them. Injuries galore that took many of the best players out for extended periods of time. Limited playing time for the young guys once their "veteran" starter returned. Cam Heyward stuck on the bench for most of the time all year. The absolute joke of a #1 ranking.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Problem with this years team was that there were too many "i' s" in team.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

This season was a disappointment in so many ways, but some players stepped up and earned their money. Miller, Timmons, Clark and Pouncey are on the top of my list.

Brown, Sanders, Wallace, and Mendenhall were , meh.

We need to address the RUN game in the offseason
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    We need to address the RUN game in the offseason
    Perhaps it's becuase I'm old school, but in the era of the "pass happy" offense, I still maintain that to be successful in he NFL, a team needs balance. Hopefully the next O-Line coach puts this team where it should be with the talent they have upfront.

Thread Information