Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Management doesn't know what they're doing

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    What do you "see" in New England and Green Bay?
    Both those coaches will put you on the pine if your not getting it done. Jermichael Finley is going to be let go in Packer land for his inconsistent play. Finley's a talent, but he's an underachiever too..and he's always hurt.

That's what I want to see from Tomlin more. Not just him benching Mendenhall, the same should go for the bad attitude Wallace has had through out the season; the consistent fumbles of A. Brown; poor play by the O-line.

Where was the discipline for these from Tomlin????? I want leadership and accountability. Not just a guy who gives "tough talk" speeches to the media.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Both those coaches will put you on the pine if your not getting it done. Jermichael Finley is going to be let go in Packer land for his inconsistent play. Finley's a talent, but he's an underachiever too..and he's always hurt.

That's what I want to see from Tomlin more. Not just him benching Mendenhall, the same should go for the bad attitude Wallace has had through out the season; the consistent fumbles of A. Brown; poor play by the O-line.

Where was the discipline for these from Tomlin????? I want leadership and accountability. Not just a guy who gives "tough talk" speeches to the media.
    In a race for the playoffs, Tomlin should've benched Wallace, Brown, and Sanders for their ****** play? So we could play who?
    Bench Colon... so we can play Legursky?

Frankly, I'm glad such knee jerk/stupid actions weren't taken.

Wallace was benched for a bit, for Sanders
    RBs were benched for fumbling

But taken every player who makes a mistake out of the game... would be just dumb.

The fan base assumes too much about what goes on behind the scenes.

The truth is you don't know **** about what Tomlin does from a disciplinarian standpoint outside of the actions reported in the Media (Mendenhall suspension, Wallace benching)

Green Bay is going to let an underachiever in Finley go.... so what? Pittsburgh is going to let an underachiever in Wallace go as well
    New England benched their RB for fumbling... so did Pittsburgh

My Mood
    Roflol
    This is a funny thread.
    Fear da Beard

I don't always post, but when I do its on SteelerAddicts.com

Sponsered by the following:
    Cookies, Air, TP

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    If I was Ben? I'd flip this city the bird and tell Art to trade me.

The treatment this kid gets from fans, local media, and his owner is a joke.
    This. And another thing, it is the exact same reason Bradshaw actually did flip the city and fanbase the bird for about 20 years after he retired.

Banned
    Yep. Fans only "loved" Bradshaw once the Steelers stopped winning Super Bowls after he retired.

Ben will be the same way, but unlike Terry, I don't see Ben coming back just to be the attention whore Terry is now in regards for his "love" of the city.

All this chaos, because Art the Silver Spoon wants to recreate 1975.

This is what happens when unqualified sperm lotto winners get handed the keys to an empire.

Pretty pathetic that the biggest obstacle for Ben as a player is the idiot who is signing his checks.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    In a race for the playoffs, Tomlin should've benched Wallace, Brown, and Sanders for their ****** play? So we could play who?
    Bench Colon... so we can play Legursky?

Frankly, I'm glad such knee jerk/stupid actions weren't taken.

Wallace was benched for a bit, for Sanders
    RBs were benched for fumbling

But taken every player who makes a mistake out of the game... would be just dumb.

The fan base assumes too much about what goes on behind the scenes.

The truth is you don't know **** about what Tomlin does from a disciplinarian standpoint outside of the actions reported in the Media (Mendenhall suspension, Wallace benching)

Green Bay is going to let an underachiever in Finley go.... so what? Pittsburgh is going to let an underachiever in Wallace go as well
    New England benched their RB for fumbling... so did Pittsburgh
    Truth is You don't know **** about what I know or WHO I know. Bellichek and Mccarthy do discipline players in the manner I've described. But they've put in a foundation from the beginning where rarely do they have problems with their major players. There is mass underachievement on this team which is a clear sign of no fear by players. The players need to know their are serious consequences for their actions.
    Last edited by Real Deal Steel; 12-29-2012 at 01:15 PM.

"The Steeler way...is the only way." this is so true in many ways. I like it!
    "HAIL TO PITT"

But we need to now tweek, " The Steeler Way" because the league has changed from 1988.

1. Use free agency a little. Similar to how the Giants do.
    2. Better talent evaluation (possible GM change)
    3. Put pressure on Tomlin to be harder on players. And to be more of a leader.
    4. When defensive players are drafted, they need to be brought along faster then three year before the can significantly contribute.
    5. New O-line coach that will give a new condition regiment and teach better schemes.

Fix these 5 areas, and then we are back to our championship ways.
    Last edited by Real Deal Steel; 12-29-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Banned
    Colbert isn't going anywhere. He's another Rooney crony from North Catholic.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    Apparently we are $6 over the Cap for next season.
    Not a big deal. We'll easily get under the cap with a few restructures and/or cuts.

Thread Information