Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Updated Mock draft Rounds 1-5: From drafttek.com

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,377
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    I'm not an actual scout I don't have a list on a paper lol ... I just don't see that big of a difference in the talent
    how can you determine that the players in the 12-24 range are of the same talent as the players in the 25-50 range, if you don't have a comprehensive list of players of which you are comparing?

    What players do you not see a big difference between?
    or were you just kinda making a random statement that fit with your "trade back" campaign?

    Keenan Allen vs Robert Woods?
    Johnthan Banks vs Jordan Poyer?
    Eric Fisher vs Oday Oboushi?

    You can agree to disagree for whatever reason, but you are simply agreeing to be wrong.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  2. #12
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    how can you determine that the players in the 12-24 range are of the same talent as the players in the 25-50 range, if you don't have a comprehensive list of players of which you are comparing?

    What players do you not see a big difference between?
    or were you just kinda making a random statement that fit with your "trade back" campaign?

    Keenan Allen vs Robert Woods?
    Johnthan Banks vs Jordan Poyer?
    Eric Fisher vs Oday Oboushi?

    You can agree to disagree for whatever reason, but you are simply agreeing to be wrong.
    So I need a list of notes and everything on players??? ... for what to argue with you about who is right and who is not??? ... to be completely honest none of this really matters ... not like the Steelers are actually going to come on here and take our opinions on what they should do ... Do I sit down and watch all of college football games and so on, uh no cause this is not my job ... I love how I'm just wrong because you say so ... whatever floats your boat ... but anyway i'll continue my assessment of these players

    Haven't looked at WRs since I really would rather not draft one anywhere near the first 3 rounds ...

    Banks vs Poyer ... no not that much of a difference... actually I like Poyer a little more then Banks

    Haven't watched OT either since I really wouldn't touch one since we have recently two 2nd rounders on the team, why pick one??

    Players that actually are a need for this team in my eyes... like OLB (Van Noy is much higher on my list then Dion Jordan, so is Brandon Jenkins ) ...
    Safety (Rambo is higher than all safeties besides Matt Elam... I also like David Amerson moved to FS... Also like Duke Williams a little later in the draft)
    ILB as I can't stand to keep seeing Foote in coverage (No real favorites here besides Alec Ogletree , and Gerald Hodges(moved inside)) (I look and like more coverage guys than big blow up the guard type)
    there are good DTs but I think McClendon showed enough to warrant a year to at least try
    Also 3-4 DE there are some good prospects in Ziggy Ansuh , Magnus Hunt , William Gholston ... but they invested 2 recent 1st round picks in the DE Position , so why would they pick another?

    but anyway your really butt hurt that I don't like Dion Jordan like you ... the guy is going more athleticism than football player ... go a head and spew your I don't watch college football and i'm agreeing to be wrong and so on , just because I don't agree about your favorite player ...

    really none of this matters ... just fans debating on players , that most likely won't be picked anyway... especially this early in the process

    ~edit~
    oh yeah i forgot Chase Thomas maybe in the 2nd ... he might not be an underwear Olympics type player so he might fall to the 3rd ... but I watched the Notre Dame game and the guy was wrecking havoc behind the line of scrimmage ... haven't seen much else from him though, i'll watched other tape later on in the process
    Last edited by cbrunn; 12-31-2012 at 12:48 AM.

  3. #13
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,377
    i dont have an opinion about your opinion of jordan...

    what i find odd, is that someone would make a blanket statement about the quality of players in the 12-20 range, and compare those players to players in the 2nd round range... only to then say, they don't have a method of comparison, thus making the blanket statement rather silly.

    what do you like more about Poyer? He's certainly go high upside, and excellent ball skills. But Banks is the far better talent, and much more polished.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  4. #14
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    what do you like more about Poyer? He's certainly go high upside, and excellent ball skills. But Banks is the far better talent, and much more polished.
    I like Banks size but I think Poyer has the more "Shut down" man 2 man skills and I like his ball skills

    no matter who you like better I don't think the gap should be that wide when grading the two

  5. #15
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,377
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    I like Banks size but I think Poyer has the more "Shut down" man 2 man skills and I like his ball skills

    no matter who you like better I don't think the gap should be that wide when grading the two
    Banks is the best Man 2 Man corner in the draft (Milliner is a zone coverage corner).

    Your position is that if your team was on the clock in the teens, and Banks was available, they should trade down, get an extra pick, because they could take Poyer 20 picks later?

    Your comment about player value makes sense, when it becomes clearer that you have trouble differentiating between tiers of talent.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  6. #16
    Draft Pick Number99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    325
    My Mood
    Roflol
    Would rather take DT J Jenkins in the 1st and S TJ McDonald in the 2nd, providing both players are there. Fix the 2 big holes on def first.
    Fear da Beard

    I don't always post, but when I do its on SteelerAddicts.com

    Sponsered by the following:
    Cookies, Air, TP

  7. #17
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Banks is the best Man 2 Man corner in the draft (Milliner is a zone coverage corner).

    Your position is that if your team was on the clock in the teens, and Banks was available, they should trade down, get an extra pick, because they could take Poyer 20 picks later?

    Your comment about player value makes sense, when it becomes clearer that you have trouble differentiating between tiers of talent.
    No Xavier Rhodes is a better Man 2 Man Corner then Banks ... in my eyes at least, and so is Poyer

    just watch as the process goes along Poyer can easily shoot up boards into a late 1st early 2nd pick ...

  8. #18
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,377
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    No Xavier Rhodes is a better Man 2 Man Corner then Banks ... in my eyes at least, and so is Poyer

    just watch as the process goes along Poyer can easily shoot up boards into a late 1st early 2nd pick ...
    Rhodes is the best press corner. He is a route disruptor, and his jam at the line is the best in the nation. But if he's beat off the line, he is not in Banks ballpark in coverage.

    All around, Banks is far and away the best Man 2 Man corner. Milliner is the best all around corner. His athleticism allows him to play off the ball, move in space, and he's still a dominant run defender.

    I think you look too much at baseline stats. It's not surprising that you have the top sack and INT (Barr, Van Noy, Poyer) guys rated higher or equally with the more talented prospects.

    There is a HUGE drop off after Banks and Milliner.

    Poyer, doesn't have to shoot up draft boards to be a late 1st/early 2nd. That's where he should go as the #3/#4 corner, along with Rhodes.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  9. #19
    Veteran connecticutsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    southern connecticut
    Posts
    2,703
    My Mood
    Manic
    my opinion is Banks not poyer the real question is if Vaccarro and T'eo are both availible who do you take?

  10. #20
    Draft Pick polamalu43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    242
    In order
    1st - DE
    2nd - CB (Victorian and C Brown are a waste)
    3rd - LB
    4th - WR
    5th - RB
    6th - WR
    7th - OL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cricker24's Steelers Mock Draft - All 7 Rounds
    By Cricker24 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 06:43 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 10:29 AM
  3. Our draft through three rounds
    By Steelers58 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-24-2010, 02:19 PM
  4. Updated 7 Round Mock Draft
    By darnik44 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 05:00 PM
  5. Mock draft updated jan 18
    By K Train in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 11:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •