Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Updated Mock draft Rounds 1-5: From drafttek.com

Bookmark and Share
    orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook

Updated Mock draft Rounds 1-5: From drafttek.com

I heard about this draft site from on here and i love it!! Here is their updated Mock Draft Rounds 1-5; Im just gonna list the steelers picks i agree with them, then ill list the players taken after or before maybe we could get if they fall.. I agree with this site tho!!

Round 1: 17th pick(as of now): Kenny Vaccaro; Safety (Texas). could also take Chance Warmack OT from Bama, Eric Fisher OT from Central Michigan.

Round 2: 47th pick: Stepfan Taylor; RB (Stanford). could also take John Simon from Ohio State, Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State, Monte Ball RB Wisconsin.

Round 3: 79th pick: Josh Evans; Safety (Florida). could take if he falls to us Eddie Lacy could even take him in the 2nd round. Cornellius Carrdine OLB Florida State.

Round 4: 111th pick: Jamie Collins; OLB (Southern Miss). wouldnt mind taking Tyler Bray QB from Tennesse, or Brian Winters OT from Kent State.

Round 5: 143rd pick: Cory Grissom; DT ( South Florida), or Marquess Wilson WR from Washington State, John Boyett Safety from Oregon.

Not really wild about any of these picks if I'm perfectly honest. I don't see us touching an o-line player of any sort in the 3 first rounds as it is right now. We've invested plenty much on that already, we just need them to stay healthy. I could see the point on going safety in the first, although I'm not crazy about this years saftey class (at this given point in time). I sort of like Rambo, but not in the first.

Depending on where we end up drafting I'm looking for a stud NT or outside LB (Unless Te'o falls). Then I'm looking for Skov on the second or third (I personally don't see him falling out of the second round if he has a solid combine).

From thereon out I don't really know much about which players I'd like yet, however a RB and Safety could easily be debated here. There are so much which can still change though. If Rambo is there in the second round (depending on his post-season), I don't think you can justify not picking him. Sure, we need some sure-fire talents, but he could potentially be the next great safety in the league imo.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Mellow
    I did see one mock where they had the steelers picking te'o. If he were to fall that far the steelers would take him faster than they took decastro last year.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Its really tough predicing at this juncture. He could go in the top 5, or he could slip out of top 10. As it is right now I don't see Browns and Bills passing on him, but they do have other pressing needs as well and it is so unpredictable after all. Afaik, Steelers could end up drafting as high as 11 at which position we would have a decent shot at him, however I don't want us to move up after him even for a couple of spots because we have pressing needs on other positions as well, and at 11 there are multiple players which could fill them - especially because there is a bunch of very good passrushers in this draft.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Not really wild about any of these picks if I'm perfectly honest. I don't see us touching an o-line player of any sort in the 3 first rounds as it is right now. We've invested plenty much on that already, we just need them to stay healthy. I could see the point on going safety in the first, although I'm not crazy about this years saftey class (at this given point in time). I sort of like Rambo, but not in the first.

Depending on where we end up drafting I'm looking for a stud NT or outside LB (Unless Te'o falls). Then I'm looking for Skov on the second or third (I personally don't see him falling out of the second round if he has a solid combine).

From thereon out I don't really know much about which players I'd like yet, however a RB and Safety could easily be debated here. There are so much which can still change though. If Rambo is there in the second round (depending on his post-season), I don't think you can justify not picking him. Sure, we need some sure-fire talents, but he could potentially be the next great safety in the league imo.
    Id take that Brian Winters Olineman from Kent State in the 4th or 5th rounds. Me I like Kenny Vaccaro from Kent State, i dont see Te'o falling past 10th pick.. We should i have a list of players i want on the steelers lol some are they have us taking. Drafttek did have us Vaccaro then Rambo which would be awesome!!

2nd String
    Only pick I like is Jamie Collins in the 4th would be a good pick in the 4th ... but I would be mad if the draft played out like this

In the first I would take Chance Warmack... if they don't trade back ... I just don't think there are any Impact players in the 12-20 range ... you can get the same quality player in the 2nd as you can in that 12-32 range
    Last edited by cbrunn; 12-30-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Assistant Coach

The quality in the 12-24 range is significantly better than the 2nd round
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    The quality in the 12-24 range is significantly better than the 2nd round
    Guess we'll just agree to disagree

Assistant Coach

I'd love to see your top 50
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I'd love to see your top 50
    I'm not an actual scout I don't have a list on a paper lol ... I just don't see that big of a difference in the talent

Thread Information