Perhaps a reflection of their worst record in at least six seasons, only two Steelers were selected to the Pro Bowl today.
Center Maurkice Pouncey made it for the third straight time in his three seasons in the league. He will start. Heath Miller made it for the second time, although he will not be able to play in the Jan. 27 game in Hawaii because he will have knee surgery Thursday.
Other Steelers could still be named to the Pro Bowl as injured players drop out. Also, players from the two Super Bowl teams will not participate.
Two would be their fewest representatives since only one, Jason Gildon, made it after the 2000 season.
Miller also made the Pro Bowl after the 2009 season. He leads the Steelers with 71 receptions and their position players with 50 points.

"It is awesome," Pouncey said in a comment released by the team. "This time is going to be a little more stressful because I finally get to go to it. The first time we were in the Super Bowl and last year I didn't get to go because of offseason surgery. It means a lot to take my family to Hawaii and spend some vacation time and then get the chance to play in the game with so many great players."

Said Miller, "It's definitely an honor to be named to the Pro Bowl team. It's not why I play the game, and I am sure all of our guys would say the same thing. But you take it as a compliment. I wish it were under different circumstances, but it's an honor and something to be proud of."

The Steelers are 7-8 and finish the season against Cleveland Sunday at Heinz Field. They are assured of their worst record since their 8-8 2006 season. They last had a losing season in 2003 at 6-10.

They had seven players make the Pro Bowl last season, although Pouncey did not participate.