Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What would you fix first??

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    the running game needs fixed. whether it's the design, the blocking scheme, the o-line or a combo of everything. even if we are a pass first team, we still need to run the ball effectively. during the BA years, we didn't run the ball well. in the games where we did, we were our most efficient in scoring.

second, the conditioning has to improve. as a strength and conditioning coach, i know not all injuries can be prevented but a lot can though better conditioning.

third, the d-line needs to improve their play. the steelers have to win in the trenches and they aren't. if they can everything else will take care of themselves.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Spence blew out his knee before the season started. Heath did as well in week 16.
    Thanks Nol, it was late. I didnt really put Spence in there because of Tomlins stuborness to play rookie lb's.

My Mood
    Sunshine

Re: What would you fix first??

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Nothing can be corrected until Art Rooney II realizes that he's the #1 problem.
    That statement is as dumb as the constant whine about needing a conditioning coach

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Thanks Nol, it was late. I didnt really put Spence in there because of Tomlins stuborness to play rookie lb's.
    Coreection... Tomlins stuborness to play ANY rookies
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I actually get the felling that Spence would have played.

But yeah, Tomlin is very stubborn about playing rookies, or 2nd year guys, or 3rd year guys. . . maybe by the 4th year they could get a snap or two. This is one of the big problems on the defense. When we have guys go down, the back ups are unpreparred to step in because they never get any time in the games.
    Last edited by Nolrog; 12-27-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Coreection... Tomlins stuborness to play ANY rookies
    Correction on YOUR spelling of "coreection" is correction Yea, you got my point, I should have said ANY rookies. I forgot because of Adams playing this year and DD. Yes, Tomlin is stubborn as hell giving any rookies reps. I wish Tomlin would play his 1st and 2nd round guys more when they get drafted. I can understand the later round picks, but damn, dont wait 3 years down the road only to find out that they can't play in this legue.

Banned
    #1 picks sitting the bench on defense is LeBeau's trademark, not Tomlin's.

Thread Information