Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you fix first??

Bookmark and Share

What would you fix first??

I think I would try to fix the running game first.. We need to be two dimentional.. Without the running game they just came after us with blitz after blitz.

Veteran
    Without question, the ability to pressure the opposing QB. IMO, that's the #1 biggest issue this team has, and once we sort that out, we'll start seeing more take aways and better pass defense as a result.

On the non-player side, I'd look to get Bobby April as special teams coach, and a new strength and conditioning guy to see if we could reduce the amount of injuries. I'd also look for the best OL coach that's out there, which would benefit this young bunch.
    Last edited by Nolrog; 12-26-2012 at 08:39 AM.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Without question, the ability to pressure the opposing QB. IMO, that's the #1 biggest issue this team has, and once we sort that out, we'll start seeing more take aways and better pass defense as a result.

On the non-player side, I'd look to get Bobby April as special teams coach, and a new strength and conditioning guy to see if we could reduce the amount of injuries. I'd also look for the best OL coach that's out there, which would benefit this young bunch.
    This is pretty much what I would like to see. Along with a more creative offense to take advantage of the talent we have at QB/WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    This is pretty much what I would like to see. Along with a more creative offense to take advantage of the talent we have at QB/WR.
    come on, the talent we have at WR blew a few games with dropsies and fumbles and all get equal blame from me. Playcalling cant be blamed when they drop the ball running down the seam on the way to the endzone. Wallace, Sanders, and brown were all guilty of ****ing up way to bad.

this team needs to get a pass rushing OLB. i dont think letting harrison go is the best idea, but i think moving him inside and getting a stud outside guy would be a delicious combo.

Safety, Guard, and RB would be my next 3 needs

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    The O-line..period. The conditioning of the linemen have to be brought into question. All these inordinate amount of injuries to the O-line for the last three years tells me that they are not doing something right. Fix the O-line and then the running game works.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    As far as the pressure on the Opposing QB,

Hampton has been done for years now and we get no push up the middle;which is the best way to disrupt most QB's. And Harrison and Woodley are not what they used to be. So..with a mid-round-first round pick, what will be addressed first?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach

What would you fix first??

Pass rush
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

My Mood
    Addicted
    How does anyone think that pass rush is our biggest need? We had the #1 defense in the league. #1 pass #2 rush. Now, our offense on the other hand was #21. We need to fix our offense (i.e offensive line, RB) way before we need to fix our pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    How does anyone think that pass rush is our biggest need? We had the #1 defense in the league. #1 pass #2 rush. Now, our offense on the other hand was #21. We need to fix our offense (i.e offensive line, RB) way before we need to fix our pass rush.
    thats all well and good but the fact that their pass defense was good with such a poor inconsistent pass rush is incredible, but that lack of pass rush did end up hurting them in several games even if the numbers dont show that.

the oline is primed to be something special. there is still a need for a guard, but gilbert, pouncey, decastro, and adams moving forward with starks quietly having a career year is gonna provide some stability on the oline.

Ben was the #2-5 ranked QB consistently for a while, then he got hurt and things spiraled downward quickly. Pass rush goes a long way though, the need to bring in a sack guy, it would be a game changer for an already pretty stout defense even if people dont want to admit the defense is acutally pretty good

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Pass Rush or RB
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information